LegacyGT.com

Caliper painting...

mog1017

So I decided my calipers need painting...the gray is just too bland. Otherwise I am going to retain the stock exterior, besides some wheels of course. ;) So what color should I go with? I don't necessarily want to go with the all too common brembo red, but other than that I have no reservations for colors. I did paint my badges red though. Any suggestions are appreciated!

On a side note, Legend is my official Mountain West hero. From reading through his posts and seeing what he is doing with his car, its just amazing. I think I need to get a present for him so I can get on his good side and have him take me under his wing!:p As I've stated before, I have no idea about cars, I've always been a truck guy...:icon_chee

BTW, yes I have looked over all the threads and everyone has the same three colors, red, silver, black. There is one or two with blue. I wanna be a little different then the others, just not for sure how different..

So to continue this discussion and get a little narrower, after looking at 1000's upon 1000's of pics I really like the gold sti style rims that another member has on their black lgt. So I'm going to have gold rims. Does that change anyones mind for colors? It will be an 06 black lgt with gold spoke'ish(?) kinda rims.

I forget what brand it was, but I got it from Pep Boys. Nice kit... Came with a brush, cleaning kit, and some other stuff. I just sprayed the cleaner on and let it soak, sprayed it off and let it dry for a day before I painted. Best to take your time with it and get two or three coats on them, making sure to let each coat dry. They held up pretty well.

I would say go red if you want them to POP with your gold wheels. There is a black STI at my works with red stoptechs and silver wheels that looks really good.

I painted mine with some caliper paint from pep boys as well. I used brake cleaner and a wire brush to scrub them real good before 3 coats of black.

I think black, silver, or red would look good... Just depends on your style. Just don't do yellow! My stockers with red calipers looked really good, but that was on black wheels.

Heh, I did yellow on my old GT. I think it looked pretty good w/ the forest green. I will be painting my 06 calipers this spring. I will probably go for a darker red, to tie into my interior theme a bit.

yellow_calp.thumb.jpg.4957d7f0780abab52f893ce98da00cd5.jpg

I spray mine red every spring. I do a quick hit with a small metal brush, then hit it with a blast of compressed air, tape it all off and spray away.

Since the winter is going to make it look all cruddy I don't do much more than that.

I think it adds a lot to a car and if it keeps the rust down a bit that is abonus. :)

Heh, I did yellow on my old GT. I think it looked pretty good w/ the forest green. I will be painting my 06 calipers this spring. I will probably go for a darker red, to tie into my interior theme a bit.

That's not too bad on the green...

Archived