LegacyGT.com

D-fogging headlight fail

specialB

Had an aftermarket OEM replica headlight installed after an accident a while back. Ever since then, the replacement has been foggy.

So tonight i got around to trying to heat it to clear up. Take a look at my method:

[ATTACH]131377[/ATTACH]

I removed the high beam bulb to let out the moisture as well.

Got the headlights cleared up now but one of the bulbs was a little too close for a little too long and now i have this:

uploadfromtaptalk1350351769820.thumb.jpg.1709af24b63d387959a1914b89466a5c.jpg

Oops.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nope, already weighed my options.

A- use my skills in esthetic epoxying to try to heat it up and make it a flat ugly blotch.

B- cut it out in a perfect circle and glue in a new piece to reseal it and leave a slight (hopefully) glue circle

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

For Future reference back in my Ricer days my buddy had altezza lights on his Integra that always fogged up. Went out and bought some BEEF JERKY and put the SILICA PACKS in the back of them. Cleared up all the moister.

There is no fixing that. I'd try to find another light with some broken tabs or something so you can get it cheap. Then bake a part both lights and swap the good lense onto yours. Then that way in the process you can ensure a nice seal with silicone upon assembly to keep the moisture out. That is a budget way of doing it. Or just buy a whole new light.

Archived