LegacyGT.com

Clutch Recommendation

Long story short i need a clutch recommendation car is in the shop so time is of the essence

Car used as a daily driver and i dont race or mess around all too much if at all.... HP goal is 325ish when complete

Parts list:

Cobb Access Port running stage 2 map (i know i need a complimentary tune, im waiting on aquiring more parts)

Cobb Downpipe

Cobb up pipe

SPT Intake

BNR Supercars 18g Turbo

Infamous Oil Lines for turbo

Cobb BPV

Thanks for any input.

Clutch masters fx350: is a good clutch I use on my car good pedal feel way better then my spec clutch will need a single mass flywheel or lwfw

ACT: the most popular choice, good reviews. Will need a single mass flywheel or lwfw

Spec: Most people don't have good results with them. You can reuse your duel mass but not recommended

Comp clutch: they are out there have not read any feed back. Come as a clutch/flywheel package.

I would recommed the FX350 for light pedal effort and great driveability. Check the FX350 thread in the Trans section.

You will be looking to replace:

Friction disc

Pressure plate

TOB bearing

Flywheel (unless replacing with OEM or Spec clutch, then depends on current FW condition)

Pilot bearing

TSK3 trans snout sleeve kit (comes with TOB) usually recommended

Might need replacing: (unlikely, but possible)

Clutch fork (if cracked/broken)

Slave cylinder (if leaking)

MC (again, if leaking)

Lines from MC to slave (if cracking)

I have a clutch masters FX300 and it's quiet as stock, not chattering or anything. This is with the WRX single mass flywheel. The pedal is LIGHTER than stock, but the engagement is much more abrupt / grabby. Reverse can be a little tricky for me.

I had a Spec stage 2 before this and it only lasted about 30,000 miles....I think because I did not resurface my stock flywheel when I put it in. I only gave it a light sanding / roughing up and cleaning.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

I have a clutch masters FX300 and it's quiet as stock, not chattering or anything. This is with the WRX single mass flywheel. The pedal is LIGHTER than stock, but the engagement is much more abrupt / grabby. Reverse can be a little tricky for me.

I had a Spec stage 2 before this and it only lasted about 30,000 miles....I think because I did not resurface my stock flywheel when I put it in. I only gave it a light sanding / roughing up and cleaning.

I ended up going with the spec clutch kit... I didn't want to change my flywheel out.

I got 100k out of stock clutch. Plan on getting a new car in a year or so.... Thanks for the input everyone

:spin:

I ended up going with the spec clutch kit... I didn't want to change my flywheel out.

I got 100k out of stock clutch. Plan on getting a new car in a year or so.... Thanks for the input everyone

:spin:

If it makes you feel better, I'm the one that get's great service out of my Spec clutches. My 2+ was great when I replaced it after 80,000 miles. It chattered every now and then when the weather was right for it, much like my old stock one did.

My current Spec 2 is great, over 20,000 miles. Has never chattered. Works great.

I had another member drive the car last night, he's going to order a Spec 2.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

after the mechanic took the trans down he noticed the underlying issue that caused the failure.... the ******* clutch fork cracked!

ended up replacing the clutch anyways and now its super easy to press down... its kinda weird. almost like pressing down the gas pedal

i know DMFW's aren't supposed to be resurfaced according to the stearlership, But i went on ahead and resurfaced mine with a stock subaru sachs clutch kit. No issues at all what so ever....yet. Don't see why we cant resurface them, i havent found information as to why yet.

Archived