LegacyGT.com

Front Lip Spoiler Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.totallystainless.com/

This is the stainless hardware I'm using to attach my FLS: ;)

Item # 2-1078 #10 x 3/4 Indented Hex Washer Head Screw (24) $0.23 ea.

Item # 2-4489 #10 Rubber Backed Washer (24) $0.09 ea.

$5.52

$2.16

$6.95 (S&H)

______

$14.63

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/P1010002-3_zpsf742650a.jpg

Think we can get these at Home Depot or Lowes?

Your best bet would be to find a well-stocked Ace Hardware that handles stainless and metric bits. Some of those places have crazy wonderful selections of nuts and bolts but it depends on the owner. There's a place in the SD area called Marshall's Industrial Hardware in Miramar but I don't know how close it would be. They seem to have a ton of hardware.

Your best bet would be to find a well-stocked Ace Hardware that handles stainless and metric bits. Some of those places have crazy wonderful selections of nuts and bolts but it depends on the owner. There's a place in the SD area called Marshall's Industrial Hardware in Miramar but I don't know how close it would be. They seem to have a ton of hardware.

Thanks. I'll check the Ace Hardware by my work in La Jolla. I'll exhaust the closer options first then it's off to Miramar if I can't find em.

We've got a nice Ace Hardware that has a great assortment of SS, chrome, etc..., they usually have what I'm after, but they didn't have exactly what I was looking for this time.

You can find slotted hex head SS sheet metal screws at most places (Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace), the stainless rubber backed washers are much harder to find.

We've got a nice Ace Hardware that has a great assortment of SS, chrome, etc..., they usually have what I'm after, but they didn't have exactly what I was looking for this time.

You can find slotted hex head SS sheet metal screws at most places (Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace), the stainless rubber backed washers are much harder to find.

I never knew those washers existed...haha. The washers may be hard to source locally so I may just order them from the site :spin:

Did you guys install with the bumper off?

I don't have clamps so is there another method any of you guys used that didn't involve clamps?

No need to take it off. Fits so good you almost don't need screws.

Tc Davis

Edited by TcDavis

Did you guys install with the bumper off?

I don't have clamps so is there another method any of you guys used that didn't involve clamps?

I took my bumper off just so I didn't have to crawl around on the ground. I didn't use any clamps, just a friend holding it for me:)

I think it would be easier to do it with the bumper on just because of the lack of flex, especially if you will be going at it alone. I experienced a lot of flex with the bumper off. Just start with one side and work your way around.

If you are doing it yourself, keep the bumper on. Use duct tape to hold it while you work your way around attaching screws. Go slow. I started at the ends, put one in the middle then did a few on each end alternating sides until I got back to the middle. Edited by GTEASER

The aggressive one actually holds itself on rather easily, I just now opened my packaging and am pretty impressed with the quality. Fitted like a glove, one idea I've been pondering is to color match the parts that flair outwards and then leave the center portion to be flat black. What do you guys think?

Yeah, that would be cool. I like!!!.

I'm personally not a big fan of the big lip because I'm a little bit old school, and an old dude, but I do think, that given the right design parameters, it does really look quite nice. Just not my thing.

I think your idea is cool. Give it a try.

Edited by GTEASER

one idea I've been pondering is to color match the parts that flair outwards and then leave the center portion to be flat black. What do you guys think?

Mine has been painted body color and I hope to get some black vinyl from a local graphics shop to test out some of those combinations. But today it's snowing again :mad:

Mine has been painted body color and I hope to get some black vinyl from a local graphics shop to test out some of those combinations. But today it's snowing again :mad:

I was just going to plasti dip the center after painting the whole thing, then peel it off if I didmt like it. Post pics if you could please once you do it