LegacyGT.com

braided lines stock vs aftermarket feeling?

i recently had stop tech braided lines installed at all 4 corners. even with free play being on the high end (loose) the brakes feel pretty stiff. not sure how modulation will be come winter time yet. they seem to engage better than stock.

yes, people said stock is braided.

304 steel =/= 312 steel

does anyone know the braid or how many strands are in the stock lines?

i dont have any idea the build structure for stock or aftermarket but, to me, the ST lines feel stiffer.

if anyone else has noticed a stiffer feeling after switching then i think we can say that stock lines are on the "weaker" side of braided lines.

those of you that have changed them out what did you notice?

No one replied, hmmmm. I guess I will since, as you say, I'm "retarded".

yes, people said stock is braided.

304 steel =/= 312 steel

does anyone know the braid or how many strands are in the stock lines?

Who said stock is braided? Stock brake lines are rubber hose reinforced with something like nylon cord or possibly some loosely woven steel. Cut one apart and see the structure. They are not a true braided stainless steel mesh encased teflon hose.

• 2 weeks later...
the butthurt is real. Our country just experienced the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11 and this is what you care about? Doing a poor job of trolling people on a car forum with your narcissistic bullshit? You ma'am can go fuck yourself in the most inconvenient way possible.

Archived