LegacyGT.com

Check Engine P0700 "Request AT MIL ON"

Hey,

Got stuck in the snow today, did a little wheel spinning and threw a Check engine code P0700, “Request AT mil on”. Also got another code something along the lines of "speed position sensor”, was able to clear that code. However, I was unable clear the first code, P0700, with the AP. Any insite is appreciated.

Thanks

It simply means that the engine computer has noticed that the transmission computer has a stored diagnostic trouble code in it. This causes the ECM (engine computer) to turn the check engine light on. You will need to have the TCM (transmission computer) checked for codes to know what to diagnose.

From what I have read in other forums about this code it is sometimes triggered by a rapid change in transmission fluid temperature.

(Perhaps from spinning your wheels?)

• 7 months later...

trany codes will clear them selves after a frew driving cycles.

fyi any 5 eat car if you turn the ignition on and push the car in N the sport light will come on and set cel for p0700 !

if you use the cars obd2 reader it will tell you what part of the tranny is freaking out .

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

only if they can clear. after my tranny swap i was getting 4 codes. 2 went away after a few driving cycles. was getting incorrect 1st gear ratio. had to have the tcm reset and put in learning mode - drove like shit till i did this too. it would slip in 1st gear on initial accel.

• 3 months later...
trany codes will clear them selves after a frew driving cycles.

fyi any 5 eat car if you turn the ignition on and push the car in N the sport light will come on and set cel for p0700 !

if you use the cars obd2 reader it will tell you what part of the tranny is freaking out .

was stuck on the highway, it was backed up due to an accident. Looked down the road at a long line of taillights, all down hill. so, i figure shut the car off and coast down the hill. and sure enough, as i turned the key on while coasting it triggered the CEL. that flashing cruise is annoying, why have that? i love my gt but this is a weird suby 'feature'.

Since you have the AT gearbox it's probably just that it was a situation that they never really tested. The gearbox control unit doesn't like strange situations and throws a CEL when it thinks that the reality is skewed.
453747.png

• 2 months later...

My turn now with the PO700 code...accessport reads - Request AT Mil On.

08 LGT 5eat..seems to have gone into limp mode..feels like it starts in 3rd gear..lots of lights-o-flashin.Had been driving for 20 plus miles after loading an OTS stg2 cobb map(yes, I have the high flow cats,stock air filter per Cobb ).Passing while in the boost on highway, and set the cel,cruise,s-drive lights off....Any suggestions are appreciated.

It just says that the gearbox has thrown a MIL code, so you can't tell anything about it through a regular code read.

I would start with trying a code reset by disconnecting the battery and push the brake pedal for 20-30 seconds and see if the car goes back to normal.

If it comes back I would step back to original map and try again. If it doesn't come back on original map but comes with the Cobb map then it's time to check in with Cobb and see what they say. And of course see what code the gearbox throws.

453747.png

• 2 months later...
Resurrecting the dead. Went back to stock tune. More trans related symptoms + 3 trips to 2 dealers later, had SOA involved , and nothing accomplished. Went to my trans buddy who did a proper servicing and have had no problems whatsoever since. Why couldn't SOA, and 2 dealers just recommend a servicing ? Oh well. Thanks !

• 7 years later...

Archived