LegacyGT.com

Windshield wiper replacements

I need new blades but no one carries just blades anymore. So I went to the local auto store and they have replacement wipers but nothing with the wind deflector on it like the stock driver side. Is this really needed and what is everyone else using. Keep in mind, I'm in TX and haven't had snow in over 5 years so not needing to spend a bundle. Thanks,

Kyle

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use the Bosch one piece rubber blades. They are great all weather blades and last longer, plus they have a fin to press them flush to the windshield. I have them on both Subys now for over a year and they work great. I hated to part with the STI areo blade with that cool fin but you can't find refills.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

I use the Bosch one piece rubber blades. They are great all weather blades and last longer, plus they have a fin to press them flush to the windshield. I have them on both Subys now for over a year and they work great. I hated to part with the STI areo blade with that cool fin but you can't find refills.

+1 for Bosch, love the wipers

Guest LGT-NY

The Bosch wipers are definitely really good, but I would recommend the SilBlade. Its a fully silicone wiper that has a 5 year UNCONDITIONAL warranty. They are a little bit pricey (about $20) but they will last you 5 + years at least, plus they are extremely good quality and move every drop of water off your windsheild everytime. Check them out:

http://www.silblade.com/

• 1 month later...
Well, I went with the Bosch Icons because they were a little more expensive and was wondering if the extra $$$ was worth it. I am more than pleased with their performance. Subaru replaces the wiper blades under warranty, but I would rather pay and get those than get the warranty replacement ones anyday. Even the people that work at my local Subaru dealership agreed with me. I had the microedge on my last car and the Icons IMO are better.

Archived