LegacyGT.com

log review

DerekDaniel

Hello, I was wondering if any one would be kind enough to take a look at my log and see if all is well. From my knowledge it looks good, but I would like confirmation for peace of mind than you :) this is on a stage 1 tune with tmic and ebcs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdENmVzR3dV9UVXBOZUFuMFhRNHBCOGc

14sept auto wot log.csv

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah its an auto, I dont like the paddle shifting just feels abnormal, as the car will upshift and downshift in manual mode at low and high rpms for safety of motor, which messes me up cuz when I am going wot in 3rd gear in manual mode. I take it up to 6500 rpms and shift, and the next thing I know I am in 5th gear because the damn car beat me to 4th gear lol

Thanks ripe meat for taking a look, greatly appreciated :)

yeah the 1.4 was right off the bat and the section of road I was on was kinda bumpy, I havent seen any knock on my highway runs, I will do one soon and compare to this one. I just finished getting airleaks from hell fixed and just wanna max sure I can start to reduce how often I log because I am pretty busy. I will probably do a log ever few weeks then eventually once a month. to keep an eye on everything

Well I logged the car the next day after that KC event and it did cause my dam to change.... I reflashed and reset the ecu and took some logs and there was some low fine knock events and a knock correction event...

I sent info to tuner he said its nothing to worry about, and normal :spin:

but, he also told me after the tune to watch and make sure the DAM doesnt drop and it did so now he is contradicting himself:confused:

1st log start of Dam change: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdDFLNVBmRjA4Mmg4Z3FCVTFWT0lVMFE

2nd log Dam change then goes back to normal

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdGdudGZycVIwel95MWVpR01DZzk3NUE

SO I reflashed and rest my ecu and here are fresh logs with guess what KNOCK

Wot Log in 3rd gear after map reflash and ecu reset:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdHFZQk5IeGczazZjeEJlNzgwdWVMVkE

Here is a Wot log taking in automatic mode after reflash and ecu reset. Now more knock events:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdHh6Q1BUQTczSGZFMnpvYjlLZHhwQUE

I would appreciate any insight. As I am confused because of tuners contradictory statements about the Damn DAM:confused:

and does it look like theses events are going to lead right back up to the DAM changing again, and again?

Okay, I'm gonna jump right to the points, not to be abrasive or anything. :)

1) Stop reflashing. There's no reason to be reflashing the same ROM. It accomplishes nothing that a simple ECU reset can not do.

2) Stop resetting. Your ECU is reducing the DAM and pulling timing for a reason.

3) Get rid of your AFR parameters. You're cluttering stuff up. Get rid of "Dynamic Adv." and Injector Duty Cycle. Log Throttle Opening Angle, not Throttle Position. Log Knock Sum. The more stuff you are logging, the slower it logs... lower resolution = missing information. Knock Sum will also tell us if a FLKC knock is a previously learned knock event or a new knock right this moment.

Ask your tuner about that DAM drop and quote what he said. A DAM/IAM drop is not good/normal.

Yeah I sent the tuner the logs with the DAM changes and did remind him of what he said...this was the reply I got... "your still logging you need to get a hobby" and then said that it was normal adjustments..

I also forgot to reset the ecu when I flashed his maps during the tuning process and I let him know that and he said this "Sounds like u need a retune if thats true. You can buy them on my website" so I sent him the fresh logs and map and he then said "There is nothing he can do, and to basically stop worrying and drive the car"

So that confused me even more, because, before that he said I needed a re-tune if I didn't reset my ecu after flashing maps during tune..and then when I asked if I should purchase a new tune because i never reset the ecu he said "no stop worrying about it".

So I dont know what the hell to do! maybe get another tune from someone else?

Invar thanks I like straight to the point and no beating around the bush. I will reduce some of those logging parameters next time and add the others. thanks for the honest help. I just want to prevent anything major if I can early, and unfortunately my tuner is being incoherent and making contradicting statements is not good either :(

Never heard of him.

But I can tell you this much. His logging instructions say this:

Feed back knock (sometimes called Fine knock learn)

The two are very different parameters. That he thinks they're the same... well...

When were you tuned by him? It was fairly recently?

Never heard of him.

But I can tell you this much. His logging instructions say this:

The two are very different parameters. That he thinks they're the same... well...

When were you tuned by him? It was fairly recently?

yeah I did notice that in his logging instructions and was like wtf??

this was his latest response over my repeated questioning about the DAM

"The thing is you act like something is wrong when its not.."

and then he said this.

"If you go out and beat on the car with log after log, the ecu WILL lower the DAM. This means its doing its JOB and protecting the engine. If it was knocking the the DAM DID NOT LOWER then you would have a problem."

"I really do not understand why you are mad at me, *I have been looking at logs for you since SEPT 5th! *I gave you advice on the leaks and helped you fix the car. *I answered every possible email. *You continue to email me logs after the car is in tune."*

I do this at ALL hours of the day and night and you are mad at me? *I ask you over and over, what do you want from me Derek????

So we shall see how long till my car explodes!

he's neglecting to point out he sucks at tuning cars. the vehicle should not have to resort to these safety features at every full throttle event. it's repetitive knock, it's what kills the ringlands in these cars. end of story, you should be seeing all 0's in fbkc and flkc, one -1.41 is fine to brush off, but not an IAM/DAM drop. lol.

Clark is very well-known. For a while on nabisco he was hailed as a tuning god in the same way Infamous1 is over here. His cars put down very impressive numbers on the dyno. Then some of his customers started posting about how their engine blew up and it all went to shit for him. He still has a loyal following, but membership in the fan club is way down on previous years.

I have no personal experience with him, never spoken to him and until now never even communicated with any of his customers. I'm just offering you Cliff Notes on what happened over on nabisco.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

yeah I think I can see why. I cannot believe this shit. I cant get my tune finished from infamous cuz it takes 3 years to get a revision. Now this guy is saying tune is good but data says other wise. I guess I will dump some more money on another tuner. and stay outta boost for a bit.

any suggestions on a competent tuner remotely with accessport?

Archived