LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Wow the legacy suspension really makes your OB look much sportier. Might have to look into that down the road at some point.

I've got a '06 OB XT Limited 5EAT myself. Fully stock except the k&n drop in. It came with the rare sti center gauge package which is really slick.

http://northbendtech.com/wayne_k/subaru/subaru-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't think I've posted in this thread, yet... mine's a GRP '05 XT LTD 5MT.

Stage 3, I guess -- Turbo, TMIC, pretty much all the other air and exhaust plumbing except for intake and headers. About 270 HP / 280 TQ on stock fueling.

Coilovers, LGT brakes, sway bars, wheels/tires, etc. I'd have to go to the upgrdades spreadsheet for the complete list.

I know, I know, until you see dyno charts and pictures, it doesn't exist. :icon_smil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had the CEL of a cylinder misfire then soon after the turbo blew at 69k miles. Had the turbo and block replaced under warranty and the CEL came back at 75k. Again, under warranty, they tore down the motor to "fix the problem". Thirty days later, I get the car back and at 79k the CEL came back under the same/ original cylinder misfire.

From there, me and the wife decided to go non turbo w/ Subarus.

Had the CEL of a cylinder misfire then soon after the turbo blew at 69k miles. Had the turbo and block replaced under warranty and the CEL came back at 75k. Again, under warranty, they tore down the motor to "fix the problem". Thirty days later, I get the car back and at 79k the CEL came back under the same/ original cylinder misfire.

From there, me and the wife decided to go non turbo w/ Subarus.

Hmmm... That's a darn shame. We've had my wife's XT since it had 5k miles on the ticker (dealer driven). Ever since we bought it, I've always user Mobil 1 and changed the oil every 5,000 miles (I think twice I've changed at roughly 10,000 miles). My wife is a "spirited" driver, so the turbo gets a workout, but we've never had any issues. It's still pulling strong at ~92,000 miles.

Well, good luck with your new Subie. VT is a great place to own one!

Was it cylinder 4 that was misfiring? I started having that issue at around 75k miles on my 2005 outback xt. It would turn on and then turn off a few days later. This went on for 5 months or so. I read a lot of threads online about it and it seems to be something that the dealers don't have a sure fire way to fix because it could be so many different things. I always put Mobil 1 or amsoil in it since I got it at 42k miles. I had an avo catback exhaust on it which sounded great but got too loud for everyday so at the beginning of the summer I removed it and I was in a rush and put Quaker state semi synthetic in it and it was during the next 3k miles that the misfire first started. The car showed no signs of running poorly that I could tell. My buddy swapped the cylinder 4 coil with cylinder 2 coil to see if that was the issue. I flashed to Cobb 91 octane stage 1 with my v1 accessport and the check engine cylinder 4 misfire continued to come on and off intermittently so it wasn't the coil. Got my next oil change at subaru so not on synthetic now. Decided to throw some injector cleaner in a tank of gas and the gas attendant put regular in my car even though I said super. So I switched my tune to the economy mode for that tank of gas. I'm now on a tank of super again with another bottle of injector cleaner and back to stage 1 tune and funny thing is since I had the regular gas in the car the check engine light has not come back. I'm sure its only a matter of time. If it comes back the next thing we'll do is swap injectors to see if the misfire moves with that. Also see what's going on with egr valve because I think that's by cylinder 4. Anyone have any experience fixing this issue? Edited by skibum0203

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a 2008 Outback 2.0D REn, for those of you stateside, you might be interested to know that Diesel vehicles are more popular in UK as we pay over £6 per imperial gallon for gasoline (what's that, about $9 per gallon?) and although Diesel is a little more expensive, the economy is a little better, the Subaru 2.0D boxer is estimated to achieve about 50-55mpg but the big win is the cost of road fund license (annual road tax).

We're now taxed based on C02 emissions and a gas guzzler could result in an annual RFL of over £400, however the Outback is in the lowest class for a mid-size vehicle and the annual charge is £165 - how does that compare with state taxes?

best regards

Hmmm... That's a darn shame. We've had my wife's XT since it had 5k miles on the ticker (dealer driven). Ever since we bought it, I've always user Mobil 1 and changed the oil every 5,000 miles (I think twice I've changed at roughly 10,000 miles). My wife is a "spirited" driver, so the turbo gets a workout, but we've never had any issues. It's still pulling strong at ~92,000 miles.

Well, good luck with your new Subie. VT is a great place to own one!

Thanks. I keeping thinking of going Audi, for a turbo wagon @ normal ride height.

Just bought a 2008 Outback 2.0D REn, for those of you stateside, you might be interested to know that Diesel vehicles are more popular in UK as we pay over £6 per imperial gallon for gasoline (what's that, about $9 per gallon?) and although Diesel is a little more expensive, the economy is a little better, the Subaru 2.0D boxer is estimated to achieve about 50-55mpg but the big win is the cost of road fund license (annual road tax).

We're now taxed based on C02 emissions and a gas guzzler could result in an annual RFL of over £400, however the Outback is in the lowest class for a mid-size vehicle and the annual charge is £165 - how does that compare with state taxes?

best regards

Id be curious what your MPG is with this. does it really get the 50mpg?

Let us know.

• 3 weeks later...