LegacyGT.com

It's time to change the plugs on my 2006 NA Legacy. I've been buying my oil filters from Subarupartsforyou.com for 8.00 each and I've been OK with that price, and the service has been good. But in looking for these plugs, they want 45.00 for a set of 4 OEM, and I can't tell what they are. That seems outrageously expensive. I can buy NGK plugs locally for 2.50 each. Does anyone know what's so special about these plugs and should I spring for them or save the bucks and buy locally?

i would recommend NGK iridium plugs. i've had the best of luck with those. just make sure to use the proper gapping tool so not to damage the electrode. those will be what goes into my LGT when the times comes for a change of the plugs.

• 3 months later...
Hi. Yes spark plugs are one thing that doesn't really have to come from the dealer. Just go to www.ngksparkplugs.com and you can look up the types available for your soob and get them locally. Or your owners manual will say what the plugs are, usually NGK is listed and sometimes there is an alternate such as champion (at least on the older soobs).

Archived