LegacyGT.com

Tune needed

Pocono Legacy GT

Shamar (infamous1) is very busy with tunes. I don't know how long you had to wait but I know folks are waiting a couple weeks for base maps and then about a week for updates. That's according those who are posting in this thread about his tuning.

It's definitely worth the wait!

Cheers!

BrenTuning is recommend by many and has shown some nice results but no personal experience. Clark Turner does e-tunes and is a very well known and long time Subaru tuner.

For a dyno tune EFI is only about 2.5-3 hours from you and is likely your best bet though it will cost a bit more than an e-tune.

Thanks for recommendations ya'll. I decided to go with Tuning Alliance as mentioned in this thread. Infamous might be good, but the service was terrible. Seemed to me to be a scam. It's a shame that they got such great reviews but communication and money transaction isn't clear. I'll update once I get my new tune :rolleyes:

Poconos....that is pretty close by.

Did you at least get your money refunded? It is not a scam, I think he is just doing the bulk of the etunes now for this site, plus it is not his full time job.

Go to http://www.romraider.com and look for a Stage 2 base tune. I'm running MickeyD's right now and tweaking it a bit while I wait for Shamar to get back to me. I like the power but I know that the Infamous tune will be better. I understand that he's busy so I'm going to be patient since the MickeyD map feels pretty good for now.

It is his full time job now. Thats how busy he is. 100 tunes in the last 3 months. 200 tunes in the last 6 months. Over 600 Subarus tuned now.

He has had some personal turmoil for the past two months. Life throws you curves sometimes. He is working diligently to get caught up and back on track. But with so many tunes, that is a huge task.

His tuning is not a scam. Far from it.

I am not Shamar, I dont tune, but I am insulted that someone would insinuate that his work is such.

No one has been ripped off. Any one not wanting to proceed after payment has either been refunded, or has been allowed to sell the tune in the classifieds. As always.

$150 for a base map and 6 revisions is a great price (stage1 and 2 e-tunes). Such a great deal that the tuner gets overwhelmed sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
Well PDX came to the rescue. Sent me an eTune. After installation however, power doesn't come on smoothly. In addition, there is hesitation and back fire or some form of back pressure. I checked A/F ratio and at one point maxed out at 20.3:1, that's mucho leano, right? Nothing ever works out for me.

Go to www.romraider.com and look for a Stage 2 base tune. I'm running MickeyD's right now and tweaking it a bit while I wait for Shamar to get back to me. I like the power but I know that the Infamous tune will be better. I understand that he's busy so I'm going to be patient since the MickeyD map feels pretty good for now.

Did you reinforce your IC? What are you tweaking?

Thinking of doing that as well, but my IC is not reinforced yet. Already sent money to Shamar, just waiting now. Also still breaking in my clutch, so I'm driving like a pussy.

"Stage 3" means different things to different people, which means that it means nothing at all. The "stage 1" and "stage 2" meanings originally came from Cobb's AccessPort tunes. The AccessPort is so popular that everyone adopted Cobb's definitions for those terms (even if most don't realize it :)). But nobody's definition of "stage 3" has caught on in the same way.

And yes, 20.3 is what everyone sees when their foot is off the gas (unless idling, of course).

Archived