LegacyGT.com

25mm fsb/rsb

Jordan

Just bought one of the last sets of perrin 25mm bars. Just wondering a good setup. Im planning on going hard in the front and soft in the rear to get a feel for things but if anybody has a setup that has been proven fast id be happy to hear. Are these things so stiff that they hop around corners? Any help would be great.

I'm running the same sways, mine are set to firm front and rear. I have no hop around corners, well unless I'm at a dead stop and floor it in 1st gear while turning up a small hill the rear end hops but I doubt its from the sways. Body roll is pretty much gone and I can go around turns a heck of a lot faster if I wanted to now.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Just bought one of the last sets of perrin 25mm bars. Just wondering a good setup. Im planning on going hard in the front and soft in the rear to get a feel for things but if anybody has a setup that has been proven fast id be happy to hear. Are these things so stiff that they hop around corners? Any help would be great.

+1

My 25mm bars are set to firm front and soft rear

^^ Reduce your understeer further by reversing adjustments.

I would like to reverse understeer but i dont want to bring oversteer to the point of "wtf just happend" I guess ill play around with it.

I would go soft front, hard rear also. You won't get snap oversteer unless you slam the brakes mid turn.

I used the stock FSB with the 25mm RSB while waiting for my 22mm to come in, and it did not feel out of control tail happy. I even tried purposefully driving fast into a turn and slamming my brakes mid turn to flip the tail around, but the traction control kicked in and didn't let me. I just hopped sideways a bit while the traction control kicked in.

Even with the 22mm front 25mm rear, you have to drive like a maniac to get snap oversteer. The rear steps out pretty gradually with throttle modulation.

I have the 25 f/r. firm on front and soft in rear. I really like how the car feels this way. I would not go with a smaller bar in front. almost every guy I talk to that really knows subes says to have a bigger bar in front to trak with. the front is a 21 mm bar. i cant see upgrading to a 22 mm bar., but it is how you like the car to feel.

Ok so I got the rear installed yesterday set to stiff with the stock front bar. The car felt amazing there was no tendencey to plow at all and you could really feel the rear rotate even though it was still undercontrol. It seemed the the oversteer characteristics were very gradual like wp marky said. I got the front installed today on stiff and it kinda took that feeling away. Im pretty sure that i am going to set it to soft. Hopefully that will do if not I might have to look into getting something a little less aggresive for the front because with both set to stiff it seems like a exagerated version of the stock characteristics.

hard for me to imagine the car works better with the front sway set to hard and the rear to soft.

It UNDERSTEERS!

The bigger the fsb the better the front end should grip due to less tire roll was what I was thinking on setting to hard.

Does anyone still make 25mm front and rear sway bars for the Legacy GT? I know Perrin and maybe others did in the past but it seems that I'm having difficulty finding those listed at any vendor sites.

The bigger the fsb the better the front end should grip due to less tire roll was what I was thinking on setting to hard.

If the front is stiffer than the rear, it will understeer. The car needs a lil more roll in front than the rear in order to rotate better.

If the front is stiffer than the rear, it will understeer. The car needs a lil more roll in front than the rear in order to rotate better.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/swaybar-faq-sticky-134646.html

Finally found why I bought the 25mm bars. I must be understanding it incorrectly or the guy who wrote the sticky could be misguided (betting on the former :redface: ).

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/swaybar-faq-sticky-134646.html

Finally found why I bought the 25mm bars. I must be understanding it incorrectly or the guy who wrote the sticky could be misguided (betting on the former :redface: ).

I've read that FAQ too, and what I've been saying is from my experience with my progression through the different bars. I've gone from trying the stock rear bar to the 20mm, then the 22mm, then the 25mm, all with the stock front bar. The thicker the rear bar got, the more oversteer I got. Then as I thickened the front bar, the less oversteer I got.

With the 25mm & stock FSB, the turn in was amazingly quick, the front end really wanted to carve into turns.

Then I put in the 22mm FSB, and the understeer came back, and turn in was slower. I kinda missed the feeling of having the stock front bar, but the added stiffness of the 22mm felt more confortable for my driving style. With the 22fsb and 25mm, the added stiffness encourages me to trail brake later, and throttle sooner. Most importantly, I like how the car feels when the weight is balanced mid turn.

The 25mm front would help keep it flatter, but I don't want to reduce my turn in speed any more than what upgrading from stock to the 22mm front bar did.

Any body have input on the clunking noise when turning.

I do and its a pain in the ass sometimes to keep hearing it. Mine is only at low speeds and almost at full lock.

Watch for my noise at the begging and then when i turn onto the main road.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swZb339mFHY]YouTube- Suspension Noise.avi[/ame]

Hrm didn't want to embed it but oh well.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Love the bars by the way. I agree with what you said about having the stock fsb it felt real nice. I will probly put the new one to the soft setting but that probably wont do much. My main limiting factor is my horrendus tires until i get some nice fat rota wheels and slap some G-force 245's on them then ill get a real feel for what the sways are doing.

• 3 weeks later...
I've read that FAQ too, and what I've been saying is from my experience with my progression through the different bars. I've gone from trying the stock rear bar to the 20mm, then the 22mm, then the 25mm, all with the stock front bar. The thicker the rear bar got, the more oversteer I got. Then as I thickened the front bar, the less oversteer I got.

With the 25mm & stock FSB, the turn in was amazingly quick, the front end really wanted to carve into turns.

Then I put in the 22mm FSB, and the understeer came back, and turn in was slower. I kinda missed the feeling of having the stock front bar, but the added stiffness of the 22mm felt more confortable for my driving style. With the 22fsb and 25mm, the added stiffness encourages me to trail brake later, and throttle sooner. Most importantly, I like how the car feels when the weight is balanced mid turn.

The 25mm front would help keep it flatter, but I don't want to reduce my turn in speed any more than what upgrading from stock to the 22mm front bar did.

Question is, would you go back to the stock FSB and 25mm RSB or stay with your upgraded front, if you had to do it over again?

I am looking at the 25mm Perrin RSB to combat the understeer I fought at a recent autox. I do not want to fight a ton of oversteer though after the install.

Thoughts?

Archived