Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Hey all, just wanted to post up and say mine is working excellently. I purchased a $60 Nexus 7 tablet and have enjoyed using that wirelessly via bluetooth to the Leptronix. I did find that I used a little too much solder as the tablet audio can be used whether in CD or AM/FM modes. No issue there as the switch that's provided allows me to simply go to the tablet audio full time. Thanks again, Sebastian!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

After having this on my To-Do list since December of 2015, I FINALLY installed the Leptronix Aux-In PCB mod last night. It was the first warm Spring day here in Michigan and the spirit moved me to tear apart my center console and attack this install. I'm not much of a car mod expert so it was a bit intimidating to attempt, mainly because I have a tendency to 'Hulk' things and break them. I also haven't done much electrical soldering.... however with the help of my local hardware store (shout out to Stadium Hardware) and the Leptronix and JazzyMT instructions I was able to complete job in it's entirety, including cleaning of my dash trim and console pieces while uninstalled in under 5 hours. This included an unnecessary run to Lowe's for a 20mm step bit.

Tools necessary were:

•Power drill/driver w/ #1 and #2 Philips head bits

•Series of drill bits to set holes in console for Aux-In cable and toggle switch

•File for shaping plastic switch hole in console

•Leptronix board

•Aux cable (3'+)

•Soldering kit (iron, flux, wire solder)

•Friend who is equally clueless but willing to try and rip apart the head unit to make the Aux improvement

The instructions were easy to follow...the soldering was obviously the most critical technical step so best to move slowly on this part.

I can't believe I can finally listen to music from my phone while zipping around in my 2006 Legacy GT wagon...and just in time to have the windows down and the bass up!!!😎

Thanks Sebastian and Leptronix for bringing this guy 👍 into the modern age with your mod!!! Now onto a Bluetooth and/or Nexus 7 upgrade!!!

• 1 year later...