LegacyGT.com

stiff steering

I left the car sitting for about three months in a parking lot cuz I was out of the country.

The battery was drained, and I lost my real time map(TDC stage 1), so I needed a jump start as well as a reload on the real time map.

I noticed the real time was gone cuz my redline was at 4kish rpms, which is very scary to find out when you're trying to redline a gear lol..

btw... if I can redline now, that should mean that I loaded it correctly... right??:p

Another thing I noticed about the car, besides all the bird crap and dust and spiderwebs, the steering felt really stiff, almost like driving a car with no power steering.

I checked the fluids, but the level was right, so it's not like I have no power steering fluid. BTW, what color is this fluid supposed to be? Mine is a grayish color. Any suggestions?:confused:

I am going to the dealer for a checkup and oil change next wednesday.

The dealer gave me a sticker for an oil change for June, or 21800miles, but it's September, and I have 21300 miles on it.

even tho the fluid level was good, the lack of circulation over time may be part of the problem. just like an engine, ps systems need lubrication to perform well. think of it like the wetter the better kinda thing....

try letting the car idle, take the ps res cap off and turn your steering back and forth. that will help circulate the jizz and also work any air out of the system.....if it doesn't get any better, a flush might be in order....

Stupid question but did you check your tire pressure(s)? After 3 mos of sitting around, the tires are likely pretty low - causing the steering to feel "heavy". On the other hand, 3 months isn't that long for the PS fluid to need replacement now - if it needs it now, it probably needed replacing before. In any case, check the tire pressure, top off your gas tank w/fresh fuel, get an oil change and have then check the PS fluid and have them change it if req. and WASH YOUR CAR! :lol:

Good luck......

Archived