Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

installed mine today. awesome indeed. pretty straightforward if you follow the instructions.

I had trouble with one of the screws holding the right mounting plate (right lower in the pic with the wire and I don't think it was in the instructions). it was on insanely tight. it cammed-out no matter how hard I pushed and eventually damaged the head. I ended up dremeling a slot into it and removing it with a huge flat screwdriver.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305408018.967083.jpg.d3bd63ce09892ef6705f9d9a27f81ba7.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305408369.681181.jpg.52b6c682caf43bea2d89f2ce19358aa6.jpg

Total noob question. I got my kit last week and I'm doing the install right now. I have almost everything apart, but I can't figure out how to disconnect the hvac controls since that cable is pretty taught and there isn't much room to navigate. I have an '06legacy 2.5i with single cd player. Thanks!

Still haven't figured anything out in my dilemma. I have a 2006 Legacy 2.5i with the single CD player trying to install the Jazzy kit. I've gotten all the trim off, got the screws removed from the radio, unclipped the connectors for the hazard button and two sets of wires going to the radio, but there is a blue cable (about the thickness of a network cable) connecting to the temperature control dial (manually controlled). I've included a photo of what I can see behind the stereo. The cable is pretty taught and I couldn't get behind the radio any more for a better look. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it disconnected. Anybody have any ideas?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/sasquatch95/IMAG0486.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Brian

Edited by sasquatch95

I am working on installing the kit, and in the testing phase: When I connect the partially-reconstructed radio to the white cable and insert the audio cd with the aux in plugged into my ipod, the cd plays (i can see it spinning), but there is no audio from the ipod. I do not have the 12V and ground wires plugged into anything (I don't care about charging the ipod at this stage), is this necessary? Otherwise, I assume the ribbon cable is connected in the right orientation otherwise the cd player would not even receive power. Anyone know why the ipod wouldn't be playing?

I'm about to order this and I just want to confirm that the iPod pro kit will in fact charge and play all through the iPod/iPhone connector. In other words, I wont have to plug in the iPod connector AND the 3.5mm jack, just the iPod connector to get sound and charge.

I know stupid question, but I've searched and searched and haven't seen any concrete posts to this effect. Thanks Jazzy.

"This is an adventure."

Okay so I had to manually load the silent CD myself because for some reason it wouldn't load when I pushed the button, but once I had pushed the CD in it has worked wonderfully. I'm just scared that if the CD gets ejected I'll have to tear it out again.

Other than that, its awesome. Instructions were great. Would have had everything done in just under two hours if I wouldn't have ran into the snag with the CD loading. Sound is superb.

I have made a couple of my friends with Legacy's pretty jealous.

I'm about to order this and I just want to confirm that the iPod pro kit will in fact charge and play all through the iPod/iPhone connector. In other words, I wont have to plug in the iPod connector AND the 3.5mm jack, just the iPod connector to get sound and charge.

I know stupid question, but I've searched and searched and haven't seen any concrete posts to this effect. Thanks Jazzy.

plays and charges through the iPod connector!

I am selling my Jazzy board and ribbon cable. No cables. Its 100% working. My CD player died as did my spare cd player. So I went another way. I've had it installed since I got the car in 2006 and its been solid.

$35 including shipping in the US. PM me

Hi everyone. I'm really excited to install my ipod pro kit this week. I have been reading a lot of posts for tips on how to install it but have a question. Were are the best places to route the cable for easy access in the car? Should the ipod plug go out the cigarette lighter area by drilling a hole? The arm rest? That seems much more difficult. I'd love to hear some thoughts and/or see some pictures of what people have done. Thanks in advance.

i connected my power cable (if u have the pro kit) to the cigarette lighter power lead. I brought the cable into the car (to connect to ipod) via the arm rest. I think i used a couple of zip ties to keep it out of the way of the E-brake mechanism. i simply pulled up the small carpet piece in the arm rest compartment, and drilled a hole that was JUST large enough to pass the cable and the cable end through. I drilled the hole 3/4" of an inch or so from the side of the compartment. Then i just cut a 1.5" slit or so in the carpet and put the carpet back in. i left a couple feet of cable. Some say its too long, but this way i have enough to have it plugged in while the driver or passenger comfortably uses it while plugged in.

your first time doing the pro kit, may take 2-3 hours if you go slow, and make some quick lookups here and there on your computer.

Hi everyone. I'm really excited to install my ipod pro kit this week. I have been reading a lot of posts for tips on how to install it but have a question. Were are the best places to route the cable for easy access in the car? Should the ipod plug go out the cigarette lighter area by drilling a hole? The arm rest? That seems much more difficult. I'd love to hear some thoughts and/or see some pictures of what people have done. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. It sux that the first of the gt. Models don't come with an auxiliary in input. This little mod is a godsend for music and audio junkies. Lol

Just popped mine in just now. Sound is incredible and charges my iphone 3gs perfectly. Hardest part was getting the stereo connections back on because there is no slack to them!

Thanks Jazzy!

"This is an adventure."

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to give another thumbs-up for the Jazzy mod (w/o ipod). Took me about 2.5 hours but it works very well! The only negative is what others have already said - the sound is slighty softer than when using the radio. I've found it to be about 5 volume notches lower - nothing major though, and still well worth the money. Sound quality is great!

Yea sometimes I really have to crank it to hear anything.

That and when I have my iPhone plugged in and not playing, just charging, if I try and listen to the radio there's a good bit of interference. Is this normal? I have the GLI.

"This is an adventure."

I installed a jazzy board back when they first came out in 2006. It worked great for years but lately, I have had an intermittent problem with the driver side speaker.

The speaker loses all sound for minutes at a time before coming back on. Both speakers work when I play the radio or put a regular CD in the changer.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Since I can play a regular CD with no speaker loss, does that mean that I have a connection issue between the iPod and the board and not with the board itself?