LegacyGT.com

A few Typical Legacy traits?

rocco

Hi All,

I've noticed a few things after my 6 months of ownership of my 2006 Legacy 2.5i

-High speed wander

-Clunking at low speed over bumps when wheels are turned, almost like the ball joint and tieroad where gone.

Both where looked at by the dealer to make sure nothign was lose or out of tollerance and both where said to be Characteristics of this particular model.

I was in the shop while it was being looked at. (mechanic is a high school friend)

I also drive a 2006 Impreza 2.5i daily and it does not do either of these things.

Alex

Agreed, the susp is clunky sounding, and the wander is disconcerting.

I've noticed road camber seems to affect wander alot. So does wind. Just SOA's way of reminding us that we could've spent more on something else, Iguess.....

-High speed wander

-Clunking at low speed over bumps when wheels are turned, almost like the ball joint and tieroad where gone.

No wander at normal highway speeds. A bit of "loose" feeling around sweeping highway curves was eliminated with stiffer rear sway bar.

I've only experienced clunking when going over some railway lines. No clunking on smooth surfaces with wheels turned (e.g. when parking).

Do you have the oem tires on the car? Maybe a change would cure the wander?

Right now i am running my winter setup.

16inch steeleies with oem offset +205/55R16 tires.

but it still does it with the stock summer setup.

No wander at normal highway speeds. A bit of "loose" feeling around sweeping highway curves was eliminated with stiffer rear sway bar.

I've only experienced clunking when going over some railway lines. No clunking on smooth surfaces with wheels turned (e.g. when parking).

it doesnt clunk on smooth, but rather while entering a driveway at low speed with the wheels turned.

High speed stability for me was taken care of with new tires,sways & springs;)

Now with bilsteins the "clunk" is no longer really a issue but do not drive on rough roads it's very hard on the kidneys:(:(:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived