LegacyGT.com

Project Mu

quick4dr

Anyone use, or have a review of the Project Mu pads? Im looking to build my next brake package. Currently run Hawk Pads on Stock Rotors, with SS lines, and ATE Blue fluid. Will be using DBA 4000 slotted only, trying to decide on pad...

The Hawk just doesn't have the bite I want.

LGT owners have been looking for a pad that helps the soft feeling stock brakes for ever.

HP+ were too dusty/noisy, HP Suck don't get it done as they are too weak and the Stoptech pads have bedding issues.

The PMu's are certainly a metallic pad so be ready for that - but in race friction they have a great reputation for good repeatable friction.

Probably not for the clean wheel crowd.

You might consider a Carbotech Bobcat.

I run the R4-S in my Wilwoods for daily. I like them and they perform awesome hot or cold.

I don't think they offer them in the LGT stock caliper pad shape though.

According to their Documentation - they are available for all Import and Domestic Cars.:) If you put in a 2005 LGT in the product search - they look like they offer the R4-S - but also the R4 - Race version:cool:

And thanks for chiming in - as I had heard about them - but wasn't sure there was much real world use in the Subie Community - Nice to hear they perform as advertised (PorterField is pretty well trusted but I also like outside reviews to back up the claims):rolleyes:

Porterfield makes or will make any pad shape out there.

As far as the FXT owner - that's a tough gig for pads. Small brakes on a heavy fast car - like the OBXT.

I did run Stoptech pads on my 200-4 FXT with good results but it was 100% DD stock. I did beat all heck out of it though.

-Ken

I have the Project Mu pads. I thought they had more inital bite then the Hawk's and haven't noticed them being noisy. The front's do get dusty but which brakes don't? Have about 40k , mostly highway, and still over 50% left.

Stock calipers, PMU pads, StopTech Cryo rotors, SS lines, MC brace.

It's weird. I loved Hawk pads on my old Sentra Spec-V and also used them on our mini-formula car, they even sponsored us, but did not like them on the LGT.

Archived