LegacyGT.com

Modding My Legacy

Hey guys i bought my LGT a few months ago and im ready to start moding it up. I want to turn it into a stage 2 so any suggestions or ideas what I should get would be appreciated. I know i need the accessport and the cobb downpipe. As far as exhaust, i havent decided which to go with. Is there anything else i would need to get for my car? Keep in mind im under a budget so nothing to crazy. Links to sites or suppliers would be awsome. Thanks guys.

What if you knew if would void your warranty. Would you mod then?

I'm not trying to be a wise-guy. Because I am really looking forward to Stage 1. But I am not willing to take the risk at only 7,500 miles.

Ok here is what i am thinking about doing to my car:

Greddy EVO2 Dual Exhaust

Perrin Turbo Downpipe Subaru Legacy

Perrin Flat Panel Air Filter Subaru Legay GT

Blitz Subaru Legacy GT BL5 Super Blow Off Valve

Perrin Top Mount Intercooler Subaru Legacy GT

Accessport

All that puts me at around $3000

Would you guys go with different companies. Am i getting anything i dont need? Please help.

Ok here is some real help

stock STI catless uppipe (yes it does fir the LGT - and better than most aftermarkets) ~100 or less used

COBB downpipe with high flow cat ~$575 or close

drop-in filter - AVO is most popular... then Perrin I think both will make you happy ~30-40 used... forget new price.. maybe $50 new?

remove the resonator from the intake (do a search... it is a free mod and many like it)

COBB AP with Protune from TDC tuning $700 on sale now act quick (get this first)

Boost gauge for easy reading and sometimes troubleshooting.

For now, I would skip the cat-back. not much gains there and with the mods above you will be really happy.... MAJOR difference in driving.

This is for starters. I would talk to Jon or Joe at TDC that can really offer good advice on stages, power packages, and they offer a wide array of products. Also search around, as many people have discussed this before.

Ok after talking with the guys at TDC i am deciding to go with this:

Cobb uppipe

Cobb downpipe

Auto Speed Exhaust

Perrin Top Mount Intercooler (since i live in the desert in AZ)

Accessport with TDC map

and all this runs me exactly $3150

watcha guys think. help would be appreciated

especially different suggestions for exhausts... tell me what you guys like. Im looking for deep and powerful but not too overwhelming.

you should at least factor in tires in the mix there. I got my Kumho MX for $97 each in 225/40/18 so they price for 225/45/17 has to be pretty good as well.being in a desert means that you should be able to run summer rubber all year round (I think) and those get some good wear out of them and the grip is great.

I would also factor in at least some springs shortly down the line, you ca get H-Techs and S-Techs for $170 shipped and Progress for $160 shipped on ebay, go to an install day for an instal, and you figure $80 for a good alignment and you have a better suspention for about $250.

I did wheels and tires then springs, next is power, then maybe some brakes and maybe coilovers and sell my used springs, but if not then deffinatly shocks. As for my power mods I am keeping quiet on that till they are done, but trust me if all goes as planned I will have one sick looking, wicked fast 5EAT. I kow some know about my future mods, so keep it quiet till it happens, I should have most of the parts in 2 months, and up and running with them mid fall.

I will be selling my Perrin drop-in filter which is in great condition. This will be a good improvement, and you can clean it when it is dirty. You will be able to hear the bypass better, so it is also fun! I would let this go for $20 + maybe $4 for shipping. I just have had it sitting around.

It would be worth it for the other mods you have.

To be honest, I would ditch the Areospeed cat back from your list and get Tein H-techs (great springs - I love them), and something else. The stock catback can handle some good power, I would balance the mods a bit.. Again that is just me though.

anyone else here have the autospeed exhaust? Anyone prefer any different brands. cmon need some suggestions here guys. I'm gonna go with the cobb downpipe and uppipe and the accessport for sure. any other suggestions? Cant decide if i really need the TMIC either. Would i risk damaging my turbo without one here in the desert?

Cant decide if i really need the TMIC either. Would i risk damaging my turbo without one here in the desert?

i live in NM.(i know not as hot but still a desert)

and AFAIK there is NO absolute NEED for a tmic, unless you are runnung a crap load more boost than stock

and as far as exhaust goes, there are so may threads about it but the only way to decide is to search, comb those threads for sound clips, and decide yourself.

ok cool that saves me $750, glad i dont really need it which brings me at:

Cobb catted DP $575

Cobb turbo UP $225

Autospeed exhaust $900

cobb accessport with TDC map $700

and thinking now bout the Cobb tubular sway bars $380

which brings me to a grand total of $2780

watcha guys think... am i overpaying? any suggestions???

i think it will be a pretty balanced car with all those mods exept for my crappy stock potenzas... guess i'll just have to wear them out.

why ditch the catback.. i am going for power and as far as the tires i figure i'll wear the ones out i have now then get new ones anyways... dont really think i need coilovers and springs wont the swaybars help my suspension? keep in ming its a leased car and i wanna take all this stuff off eventually so i dont wanna go to crazy with it lol... then again i have option to buy so who knows

Archived