LegacyGT.com

GAUGING INTEREST: AFFORDABLE COILOVER, NON DAMPING ADJUSTABLE with RIDE HEIGHT ADJUST

RACECOMP ENGINEERING TARMAC ZERO coilovers for LEGACY BM-BR series.

* FITS 2010-2013 LEGACY GT, 3.6R, 2.5i.

* DAMPING IS PRE-SET

* RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE

* STANDARD 340/340 lb springs **(optional 400lb rates)**

* STAINLESS STEEL INOX COATED

* LIFETIME WARRANTY

* CO-BRANDED by KW SUSPENSIONS.

The TARMAC ZERO coilovers are meant to appeal to the set it and forget it daily driver who also prefers to customize his or her ride height yet wants improved chassis control over a wide range of roads and surfaces. Perfect for daily driving or weekend track days or mild autocross.

Can be used with stock mounts or camber plates.

MSRP -$ 1899.00

****** LIMITED INTRO PRICE***** $ 1249.00 FREE SHIPPING IN CONTINENTAL USA

( FOR THE FIRST 10 SETS-11-14-13 UPDATE 2 SETS LEFT AT THIS PRICE !!)

IN STOCK NOW

http://rcephotos.com/photos/var/albums/album27/IMG_2344_2.jpg?m=1317432693

http://rcephotos.com/photos/var/albums/album27/IMG_2340_2.jpg?m=1317432687

Edited by RaceComp Engineering
change title

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're talking.

Get to work!

I was seriously considering some tein flex or going down the H&R/koni setup, but these may very well fit the bill.

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Sooo ballpark~3months ago I was researching various coils and called several places for suggested options at a fairly affordable price and I can say not a single place mentioned these were being released. So I did the F' it and bought the teins I'm on for reallly low cost so I'm not upset one bit, since my handling improved tremendously. A fellow lgt owner local to me runs the Racecomp Engineering Tarmac1 coilovers (race version of KW V2) and loves them! Wish I had seen this coming and money would've easily gone to these!

I'm just finishing up my Koni and H&R install and I am pretty sure they will fit my needs. But you are soooooo good at tempting me Myles. I really have to finish up what I am doing now and settle down on the mods for a while or I will be looking for a new wife. ;)

Well look at the Bilsteins "due date" debacle....or the RCE springs......

This time I kept it under lock and key until we were ready to release.

Myles

My first reaction was damn, I wish I would've known these were coming out prior to buying the Bilsteins. But I agree with you on this one Myles.

I could find KW V3 for 1850$ shipped for a while but no longer. If these ride just as smooth, it's a good deal.

Stock KW V3 springs are 400 lbs., my Swifts for my KW V3s are 360 lbs as a comparison.

Edited by exbagboy

http://rcephotos.com/photos/var/albums/album27/IMG_2344_2.jpg?m=1317432693

...I repeatedly told myself that I didn't want coilovers, now I have to explain to my wife why I may try to sell the Bilsteins I just purchased :lol:

Well look at the Bilsteins "due date" debacle....or the RCE springs......

This time I kept it under lock and key until we were ready to release.

...fair enough, well played Myles.

Intriguing, but given the lunar surface nature of VT asphalt roads (let alone the dirt roads) I'll stick with the Bilstein/RCE combo and their under 300 spring rate (/handwave). No doubt they're a great product, but just don't fit in my world. That said, if I were a Cali guy I'd have a long look at these.

Intriguing, but given the lunar surface nature of VT asphalt roads (let alone the dirt roads) I'll stick with the Bilstein/RCE combo and their under 300 spring rate (/handwave). No doubt they're a great product, but just don't fit in my world. That said, if I were a Cali guy I'd have a long look at these.

This is a great insight. Can anyone elaborate on the pros/cons of the Bilstein/RCE combo vs. TARMAC ZERO coilovers?

I can hardly believe we have so many awesome aftermarket options given the low-volume production of the LGT. Except, these also fit the 2.5i and 3.6R, right?

Dug into the original RCE Blacks thread and they're 240 lb springs. Adding another 100 lb to the rate simply wouldn't work here.

If you live in a land of ever-perfect pavement and never need to hit the dirt roads, the new Tarmac Zeros are worthy of your attention. If you live where I live and install these, you're a masochist.

There's no absolute value decision here. It's all about horses for courses and, in my slice of the world, the Bilstein/RCE Black combo is already close to the comfort limit (no, I'm not complaining or having buyer's remorse) so adding 100 lb to the spring rate would be suicidal for me. If you're not in VT, the decision is likely completely different.

Dug into the original RCE Blacks thread and they're 240 lb springs. Adding another 100 lb to the rate simply wouldn't work here.

If you live in a land of ever-perfect pavement and never need to hit the dirt roads, the new Tarmac Zeros are worthy of your attention. If you live where I live and install these, you're a masochist.

There's no absolute value decision here. It's all about horses for courses and, in my slice of the world, the Bilstein/RCE Black combo is already close to the comfort limit (no, I'm not complaining or having buyer's remorse) so adding 100 lb to the spring rate would be suicidal for me. If you're not in VT, the decision is likely completely different.

Its not that simple actually. The Bilsteins are MONOTUBE and the T ZERO's are twin tube.

The Bilsteins run a LOT of gas pressure and the ZERO's very little.

This combination means that in fact the Zero's are VERY close to the BILS in comfort even though they are that much stiffer.

Monotube shocks tend to he SUPER responsive and twin tube slightly less responsive. Now before anyone runs with that, its not to a negative degree. Its just a difference that can be felt for the better for each side of this comparison.

So even though there is a 100lb difference the way the Zero's dampen that 340 lbs is what counts and THATS where until someone drives a car with them, you really can NOT judge it. For the same reason well dampened race shocks with 700 lb springs on the street feel barely firmer than stock GT3 etc etc.

In the monotube gas shock the gas prerssure helps to aid in "supporting" the chassis and THAT can "feel" like an extra 50-75 lbs of raw spring rate WITHOUT having to have stiffer springs. So what many feel in the BILS is really comparable to about 325ish lb springs.

The other thing to consider is the ZERO's dont "focus" on low speed compression the way the BILS do. 2 different manufactures with 2 different approaches to damper design, valving and chassis control.

So when you make low speed compression more compliant you can add in some raw spring rate. ( hence why the 340's in the ZERO's do NOT feel much if any firmer than the BILSTEINS).

Thats it in a nutshell.

Nothing is as simple as it seems ..........sometimes.

Myles

I'm completely noob when it comes to suspension but i'm damn sure theOeM set up on my newly bought LGT (EDM version) is horrible in term of handling.

So now I'm in the market for whatever makes my ride comfy yet sacrifying the handling capability that we STi grown up to i.e. LGT.

Please guide me and take my cash

Myles,

It would seem from the photos that you are achieving ride height adjustment through changing the spring pre-load only - is this correct ?

That and one more question:

What is the ride height range F/R for a Legacy...for a Legacy...

And, thanks for the explanation on the twin tube versus monotube.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

That and one more question:

What is the ride height range F/R for a Legacy...for a Legacy...

And, thanks for the explanation on the twin tube versus monotube.

well there's how much "could" you lower it and then theres how much "should" I lower it.

Could is 40mm, should is 25mm tops.

Myles