LegacyGT.com

Vendors: Please Make Rear Swaybar Re-enforcement Brackets.

RobY

As the title states.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14537&highlight=broke+swaybar

http://www.ej255.net/swaybar.jpg

As of now perrin is the only ones that have brakets available. Unfortunately you have to buy them with thier bars. Unfortunately the perrin bars are not what I want as the size will not provide the balance I am looking for.

Sombody please make re-enforcement brackets.

Thank You.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many people have actually broken the mounts? AFAIK, only one.

that being said, I'll buy a well-made, quiet bracket that's inexpensive ($50 or less). The Perrin ones were a PITA.

how many people have actually broken the mounts? AFAIK, only one.

that being said, I'll buy a well-made, quiet bracket that's inexpensive ($50 or less). The Perrin ones were a PITA.

I might be able to make one for the car.. anyone looking for billet aluminum?

Keefe

Damn can you still even drive the car now?

Sure I can drive my car. Cause that pic isnt of my car. :lol:

But when i was under my car today I have realized 4 things.

1) Using the same amount of force my swaybar mounts move more than my swaybar.

2) This really cant be good.

3) Repairing a peice of a subframe or actually buying a new subframe can be a very expensive proposition that I rather not venture down. Better safe than sorry. Call it preventative modding.

4) I already eat my veggies... this is long overdue.

I might be able to make one for the car.. anyone looking for billet aluminum?

I don't care about what it's made of as long as it fits, is quiet and does the job. Oh, and doesn't cost a ton.

After seeing the Perrin (and having to bend, rebend, drill out the holes, etc), I could probably take some angle iron and make my own for $5. Functional, but ugly. I'd rather see a nice piece for $50 that fits with no fuss.

Bring me a car (IE a newer GT) so I can get under the car and measure the brackets and see how it needs to be constructed and I'll create it on the 'puter and see how easy it will be to create in our CNC machine and at what price it would be to do so and which metal would be the cheapest, but still hold up very well

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Yeah, I have to say Im not really understanding what the big problem with Perrins are?

BOXRPWR had noise coming from the rear but it was actually the endlinks and not the bar. I adjusted his endlinks to a proper position and that was the end of that.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

My Perrin bar bashed my control arms. Add in brackets that had the holes drilled in the wrong place and you have a qual-a-tee product!!!

BOXRPWR has AVO end-links. In defense to your statement regarding it bashing your control arms... I can see how that would happen. When I started working on BOXRPWRs rear sway bar the end-links were fully retracted and the sway bar was only a few mm away from the arm. Once I extended the endlinks, however, this is no longer the case. In fact, it was impossible to set the bar to the stiffest setting.

Basically, anyone wanting to go with Perrin.. possibly myself... should consider getting some adjustable endlinks and extending their length so that the Perrin bars clear properly.

I can't say anything regarding the mounts since I never mounted these.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I don't care about what it's made of as long as it fits, is quiet and does the job. Oh, and doesn't cost a ton.

It would be one of my very own designs. I'll talk to my boss and see if I can run a limited production of them for our cars...

Keefe

BOXRPWR has AVO end-links. In defense to your statement regarding it bashing your control arms... I can see how that would happen. When I started working on BOXRPWRs rear sway bar the end-links were fully retracted and the sway bar was only a few mm away from the arm. Once I extended the endlinks, however, this is no longer the case. In fact, it was impossible to set the bar to the stiffest setting.

Basically, anyone wanting to go with Perrin.. possibly myself... should consider getting some adjustable endlinks and extending their length so that the Perrin bars clear properly.

I can't say anything regarding the mounts since I never mounted these.

I, too, had AVO endlinks. Perrin blamed them for the interference problem vs. their own bad design. I put the stockers back on.....same issue. Blamed it on my Bilsteins. Found a stock wagon with same issues. Blamed it on our cars being wagons. Showed them examples of sedans with same issue, stock and with lowered suspension. Result - Perrin re-designed the rear bar after I became a thorn in their side. :icon_bigg

personally, I'm waiting for the Hotchkis fr & rr swaybars & endlinks to FINALLY come out - if ever. Then I will switch hardware. might keep the rear Perrin brackets if they don't come with em.

you read my mind. However, who knows when that's gonna happen...

however, editing my response... I just looked at their site and they are noting a Sport sway bar set.. not a comp sway bar set.

The sport set is typically just the bars... the comp set includes new brackets, endlinks and everything on the STi.

Archived