LegacyGT.com

has anyone put an aftermarket moonroof in a non limited?

so I'm shopping for cars at the moment, and I want a GT limited solely for the sunroof, I could take or leave the leather.

Im specifically looking at wagons, and wasn't sure how I felt about the stadium sized sunroof...

have seen the aftermarket slide-in-roof styles on other vehicles, but they're quite small...

has anyone put an aftermarket moonroof, in a sedan or a wagon?

yes, I have searched and come up with nothing on this one....

because there is a member here selling a nicely modded non limited GT wagon... but I really want the sunroof... which is why I;'m trying to figure out if I can sawzall a hole in the roof and have the best of both worlds

I had the webasto aftermarket moonroof in my old sedan. I liked it & it caused me no problems at all for 2 years till I traded the car in.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

if you only want moonroof go for the special edition, i dunno if this is only for canada or not... it's like the base model with moonroof, fog lights and side mirror indicators, and it's only like $500 more than the base

only on the i's not on the GT's.

since I al;ready have a used car in mind, i'm just trying to figure if i can get a roof put in, or if i should skip this car all together...

am looking into webasto, they seem to be the best

I once knew a guy that put an aftermarket sunroof in his car, and within 8 months or so, it started to leak.

I would never reccomend it.

I know you have a specific car in mind, but I have to agree with going with the factory sunroof. It wont leak, not to mention, its HUGE! (about twice as big as an aftermarket) that and the expense of puting it in, would probably make it worth it just to get the car with it in allready.

my $.02

I once knew a guy that put an aftermarket sunroof in his car, and within 8 months or so, it started to leak.

I've heard those stories too. I'm just saying in 2 years mine never ever leaked or rattled or had any problems at all. I guess it's just luck

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

it's not that I don't want leather, it's that I have a line currently on a non limited wagon with some nice performance mods... but I want the sunroof and it doesn't have it.

If I had my choice, I'd take a limited over a non limited just due to the sunroof... again cloth is a take it or leave it. better in the summer and winter ( not as hot or cold) but i do love letaher as well....

I'm primarily looking for a limited, but as I said, sometimes a car comes along that has a lot of nice features but is missing soimething

I knew it wouldn't be long before the "aftermarket roofs suck" comments would start. Webasto is an OEM provider, not one of those pop-out roofs from the 80s that were held in with silicone.

I've said it in other threads -- if you didn't have an OEM sunroof to compare with, you could easily mistake the Webasto units for stock.

if you didn't have an OEM sunroof to compare with, you could easily mistake the Webasto units for stock.

+1

Just cut the whole roof off and have the first Legacy wagon cabriolet.

I have never understood the whole sunroof thing. It's noisy at speed, the sun burns your (my) bald head, and dirt and $h!t get all over the inside of the car...and if you're unlucky, the stoner that installed it f's up and it leaks or the roof rusts. <shaking bald head>

It is still ugly.

I knew it wouldn't be long before the "aftermarket roofs suck" comments would start. Webasto is an OEM provider, not one of those pop-out roofs from the 80s that were held in with silicone.

I've said it in other threads -- if you didn't have an OEM sunroof to compare with, you could easily mistake the Webasto units for stock.

+1,,,this has been discussed before.We are not talking about a round piece of scratched plastic,a sawzall,a tube of caulk and a pimply faced kid doing the install.

These units are top quality,don't leak,work well, and are warrantied,sometimes by the dealer.

For around $700-1000 bucks my dealer will have one installed as a dealer option and give it full warranty.

If it were a sedan, I'd say have the roof put in to the car you like.

As a wagon... I don't know that there is an aftermarket roof as cool as that HUGE OE moonroof.

I would hold off, buy a Limited, and spend money on adding the mods, rather than adding the roof to a modded car.

Heck, I am flying half way across the country to get the Legacy I like the most. Modded AND limited, and GRP FTW! :D

Heck, I am flying half way across the country to get the Legacy I like the most. Modded AND limited, and GRP FTW! :D

You finally getting one too? I just picked mine up last month after 2 years of looking. :lol:

Where are you going to get it? (I may have missed the thread).

Archived