LegacyGT.com

Seat Questions

djnet5

Hey guys - forewarning you, this may be a bit stupid of a question.

However - I have an 05 LGT Ltd and HATE the black leather - freezing cold in the winter (granted heated seats helps) and burn your buns off hot in the summer.

I know obviously all seats from the 05 model year LGTs are interchangeable, but did they make cloth seats that were heated for this model year? And if so, are they interchangeable pretty much (same connectors, etc.) from leather to cloth while keeping the heated seats feature?

It seems like they would be, but who knows - they seem to try to make it hard to swap to what you want.

If so - I really want to do a leather-to-cloth swap. I don't care what anyone says about leather being awesome, I absolutely hate it.

Legacy GTs for the 2005 model year have cloth seats with heaters in the un-limited trim. It's what I have and it's a very nice combination. Legacy seats interchange for the 2005 and 2006 model years.

The seats themselves bolt up. But the passenger side seatbelt is not bolted to the seat like in the LGT. It's just like the driver's side on both sides. That's the one modification you have to make.

Also, you have to reuse the seatbelt parts from the LGT seats where the buckle clicks in.

And the airbag plugs are all different. So none of them are functional. Didn't bother with rewiring.

Archived