LegacyGT.com

clutch question.

under a load at rpm's above approx 4k, i'm loosing my clutch. at lower rpm's and normal load it is perfectly fine. but get into the rev's and boom, its gone. the pedal feels non existent, takes for ever to shift, and the pedal sticks half way and i gotta pop it back up. i replaced the slave cylinder because it WAS doing it all the time. new fluid, no air in it. just wondering if it would be the clutch master cylinder. my first auto-x in this car will be in october so i'm hoping to get it sorted out so i can start doing some testing. thanks in advance.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• I Donated

Your clutch isn't getting the grip it needs at higher RPMs. One of two things is happening.

1 - clutch disk is starting to go bad

2 - pressure plate isn't giving the pressure it needs

Either one that it winds up being, if you go buy a "clutch kit" it will resolve your problem

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Yep. I'm thinking a pressure plate. Also, I've noticed the cover for the lower portion of the bell housing is missing. I've to either find one, or make one I guess.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• I Donated

Yeah, buy yourself a clutch kit. It will come with teh clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and pilot bearing. Pep Boys carries a "Luk" kit for $140ish. Its not the best quality, but it works and its the cheapest one you can pick up locally.

If you want to get a decent clutch and can wait a week or so, you can order a stage 1 clutch kit for about $150 on Ebay. I recommend Exedy clutches

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived