LegacyGT.com

What kind of discount did you get off the MSRP, if any

gt dreamer

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uhm... most ppl on here will tell you to do a search... (top right on ur panel )

buut to start u off cuz its ur first post heres wat i paid

MSRP is like 29 something

i paid 26700.... that was all dealer incentives...nothing from subaru... we also paid cash im sure that helped

go to a good dealer and they will give u under invoice.. (27289)

i should be picking mine (black gt ltd ) up today... BUT THERE INSTALLING THE ROAD HAZARD THING SO I MIGHT NOT GET IT TO TMRW I AM SO Fing PISSING OFF YOU HAVE NO IDEA

-alex

Sticker on mine was around $30,500 with all the options. The amount before my down payment and T/T/L was around $28K. After it was all said and done I ended up financing around $25K. That is acceptable to me. My payment was where it needed to be and I feel like I got a good deal.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I think it's a better policy to consider invoice as the base price... they like you to think of MSRP as base price, because then they are give you a "discount" just like you said, when really they're just making extra money. Like many others, I paid right about invoice - base model 5MT 25K

I collected all the discount crap I could get my hands on when I bought my car:

Amassed ~$1000 of Subaru bucks.

Invoice price through VIP program.

$25 debit card from Subaru for test driving the car.

Winter survival kit from Subaru for buying a Subaru.

A few hundred dollars from GM for their promotion where you test drive one of their car but end up buying another brand. (cuz they were so confident you’ll buy their car after you test drive)

Charged $5000 (max cc charge) on my Subaru card for more Subaru bucks :p

A few bucks from Costco for using them to finanace the car.

(I missed out on the free maintenece coupons because I bought it in June :( )

The dealer I went to while extremely friendly but pretty much said piss off if I think I'm gonna get one below MSRP because they have been selling them like hot cakes. They had a 04' Impreza (base) for 16,995 with about $700 in options + auto tranny. So it's not like they don't have any deals. So how do you guys get'em so cheap?

The dealer I went to while extremely friendly but pretty much said piss off if I think I'm gonna get one below MSRP because they have been selling them like hot cakes. They had a 04' Impreza (base) for 16,995 with about $700 in options + auto tranny. So it's not like they don't have any deals. So how do you guys get'em so cheap?

I bought mine from a dealer 2 hours away because the local one didn't want to work with me on pricing. So, when I told the other dealership I was kinda far away, they knew they had to compete on price.

• 2 weeks later...

Revival!

So far....they've said the MSRP on the car is 30,145$ w/ quite a few options. This is the Limited BTW. They haven't said if that's the price I'm gonna pay or not. The car hasn't arrived, so I haven't had the chance to negotiate.

Anybody have any negotiating advice?

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Archived