LegacyGT.com

2006 Spec.B Specs

uk_sub

Hi Chaps

Sorry if this is a silly question.....But I can't seem to find any specs on the 06 spec B. Can anyone tell me, is it broadly the same spec as the 07 / 08 cars? I've seen some reviews that mention 5mt and not the 6mt.

Can someone help out a suby newbie? What's the deal on the 06 spec B cars?

Thanks in advance

:cool:

Here:

GT spec.B sedan adds over GT sedan

spec.B GT photos

spec.B speed test below Limited to 500 cars, each with a numbered plaque

Includes all the standard features of the GT Limited such as 6 airbags, dual zone climate control, power sunroof, performance front power heated bucket seats, immobilizer key, alarm system, fog lights, CD changer, leather interior etc

Includes:

Numbered Plaque, 500 only

Transmission: manual only, no automatic

Upgraded stereo with MP3

Color: Titanium Silver metallic, exclusive to this model

Special Brick Red Leather interior

Navigation system (updated v. 2 DVDs for Navigation is available only from Kenwood)

Bilstein Sport Suspension

Aluminum Alloy rear suspension arms and upper links to reduce weights

18x7" 10 spoke alloy wheels with 215/45 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A low profile tires

Areodynamic side ground effects with chrome trimmed rocker panels

3spoke MOMO leather wrapper steering wheel with audio controls

Aluminum alloy pedal covers

aspec.B floor mats

nd more

Go to http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006.html if you want more details.

Thanks for the input guys....

It was very useful, I had hoped the 06s had the 6 speed as well as the later cars....

Been looking for a reasonably priced example for a few weeks, found an 06 car in PA with 7000 miles on it for 25K...I'm thinking this is a reasonable price am I right??

Thanks again for the info...:cool:

$25k is a fair price from a dealer.

IMHO, '06 spec B is really not worth it when you can get a new '08 LGT for about the same price. '06 Spec B really doesn't have anything that you can't get for cheaper from the aftermarket. Unless you really want the brick red interior.

chenc544 your correct in your assumption that an 06 spec B probably is not the greatest investment, I thought long and hard about a new 08 GT. I could have had one for $25500, but eventually decided to go for the spec B, it has all those lovely buttons, sat nav, big wheels, and bilstines....Went up to PA and got it today, very happy with it at the moment, but really shitty weather has made it a little difficult to play..

Thanks for the input....

Regards

Jon Tribe

As a 2006 specB owner, I can tell you the car is definitely not worth it. However, you've already bought it so enjoy it. Some of the design shortcomings will become obvious only after you've driven it a bit.

Cheers.

Now that's not very nice is it!!? What about the car is bad?? Would you care to elaborate??

I did have quite a hard time deciding weather to go with an 08 GT or the 06 Spec B, the extra goodies along with the suspension package swayed my decision...

Listen to yourself not others' stupid comments on what is good or bad for you. It was and is worth it for me. ;)
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Now that's not very nice is it!!? What about the car is bad?? Would you care to elaborate??

I did have quite a hard time deciding weather to go with an 08 GT or the 06 Spec B, the extra goodies along with the suspension package swayed my decision...

PROS:

Safe

CONS:

Engine stutter.

Navigation system is not user-friendly (check out the Alpine systems in the Honda/Acura lineup.)

Seatbelt chime (again, see how other cars implement this. And no, it isn't easy to disable.)

Steering-wheel audio controls: The left up and down buttons only "seek" the next station instead of skipping through your favorites, i.e., presets. (Doesn't Subaru have ANYBODY that drives their cars on a daily basis???)

Retained accessory power (or lack thereof): The first time you turn off the car with the windows down . . .

MY SPECIFIC CAR:

The dashboard panel isn't aligned properly: The space between the dashboard and the door is noticeably wider on the left than the right.

The trim around the sunroof opening has a piece sticking out of the rubber bushing.

The CD player wouldn't load CDs when I first got it (brand new). Subaru fixed it under warranty.

I think Subaru had a specific goal in targeting a certain demographic that drives manual transmission BMWs, i.e., affluent buyers who want performance. In the 06 specB, they failed. By rushing out a car that was ill thought out, they risk alienating this demographic. If the 08 specB fixes these problems, this should have been the car you bought. At the time, my requirements were safety, manual tranny, built-in nav. system, and of course, brisk acceleration. The only choices I considered were Audi A4, Volvo S40, and Mazdaspeed 6. Neither the Audi nor the Volvo were easily available with nav. and the MS6 wasn't quite out yet.

In any event, like I said, you own it now so enjoy it.

Cheers.

PROS:

Safe

CONS:

Engine stutter.

Navigation system is not user-friendly (check out the Alpine systems in the Honda/Acura lineup.)

Seatbelt chime (again, see how other cars implement this. And no, it isn't easy to disable.)

Steering-wheel audio controls: The left up and down buttons only "seek" the next station instead of skipping through your favorites, i.e., presets. (Doesn't Subaru have ANYBODY that drives their cars on a daily basis???)

Retained accessory power (or lack thereof): The first time you turn off the car with the windows down . . .

MY SPECIFIC CAR:

The dashboard panel isn't aligned properly: The space between the dashboard and the door is noticeably wider on the left than the right.

The trim around the sunroof opening has a piece sticking out of the rubber bushing.

The CD player wouldn't load CDs when I first got it (brand new). Subaru fixed it under warranty.

I think Subaru had a specific goal in targeting a certain demographic that drives manual transmission BMWs, i.e., affluent buyers who want performance. In the 06 specB, they failed. By rushing out a car that was ill thought out, they risk alienating this demographic. If the 08 specB fixes these problems, this should have been the car you bought. At the time, my requirements were safety, manual tranny, built-in nav. system, and of course, brisk acceleration. The only choices I considered were Audi A4, Volvo S40, and Mazdaspeed 6. Neither the Audi nor the Volvo were easily available with nav. and the MS6 wasn't quite out yet.

In any event, like I said, you own it now so enjoy it.

Cheers.

Name: "LoveMySpecB" lol really doesnt seem like it. When you bought the car you knew that it wouldnt be up to BMW or Audi quality. Its amazing how I can buy a cheaper older car and be far more impressed than you. I love my gt and have no problems with it only the weak clutch lets it down for me. Uk_Sub See if you can find Vimy101 on here he will defend his spec b to the heavens and will be able to tell you anything you need to know.

CONS:

"Navigation system is too complicated for me"

"I'm too incompetent to follow simple instructions on how to disable the seatbelt chime"

"They didn't put every button from the radio on the steering wheel so this car sucks"

"I can't roll my windows down while listening to the radio while I sit in my car for no reason"

You're right, its such a terrible car.

lol

Archived