LegacyGT.com

Does anything go on in Enfield, CT?

Magic Marker

So, wemay move to Enfield, CT or the surrounding area in a few months for a job move. Anything in or around the area Subaru related?

i'm going to need a good dealer service department and will need to find some new Subaru people.....

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lived in Suffield (just across the river) when I was attending school down there. I didn't have a Subaru then so I have no idea about clubs but there wasn't much to do there. Plenty of shopping and Six Flags is a short short drive if you have kids but that's about all I remember.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

I lived in Suffield (just across the river) when I was attending school down there. I didn't have a Subaru then so I have no idea about clubs but there wasn't much to do there. Plenty of shopping and Six Flags is a short short drive if you have kids but that's about all I remember.

I looked on google maps and there doesn't seem like there is much to do in Enfield.

I live one town over in Ellington which is cow town. It is quiet and if you are looking for things to do check out www.ctsubie.com for meets and events its the bigger of the two CT subaru sites.

It is not as busy as where you are in NJ but its nice and quiet , most of the town. The Enfield Mall sucks but there are a few good resturants. Manchester isnt far and thats not a bad place has alot of stuff to do.

Depending when you move we are having a meet at Bertera Subaru in Hartford on 9/18. If you are in CT by then come check it out.

On a side note I am an auto & home insurance agent in Manchester, CT I have been doing it for a while. I have helped out several Subaru guys and I am a Vendor on Ctsubie.com and Ctsubaru.com (CT Insurance Guy). If and when you move to CT I can help you out with your insurance needs. office # is 860-646-6050 ask for Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

i live in longmeadow, MA (one town north) and it's pretty quiet with the subaru scene. there's a small nasioc gathering here and there in west springfield, MA from time to time. i get my servicing done at bertera subaru in hartford, formerly known as harte subaru (i liked the service better when it was still harte, but frank, the service manager, is a great guy).

lots of restaurants in enfield, manchester, and west springfield. good cinemas in those same areas too.

the big E is new england's largest fair and it happens in springfield mid-sept for a few weeks. you should definitely check that out.

I just moved in to enfield this summer!

Im just getting to know the area as well. So far i think its great!

yea this guy was stalking me when I was out to eat in Enfield a few weeks back:lol: jk :)

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I live one town over in Ellington which is cow town. It is quiet and if you are looking for things to do check out www.ctsubie.com for meets and events its the bigger of the two CT subaru sites.

It is not as busy as where you are in NJ but its nice and quiet , most of the town. The Enfield Mall sucks but there are a few good resturants. Manchester isnt far and thats not a bad place has alot of stuff to do.

Depending when you move we are having a meet at Bertera Subaru in Hartford on 9/18. If you are in CT by then come check it out.

On a side note I am an auto & home insurance agent in Manchester, CT I have been doing it for a while. I have helped out several Subaru guys and I am a Vendor on Ctsubie.com and Ctsubaru.com (CT Insurance Guy). If and when you move to CT I can help you out with your insurance needs. office # is 860-646-6050 ask for Jay

Thanks for the info. If we move up, we'll need renter's insurance!

I appreciate all the info. Enfield looks like a really quiet town. I'm sure as we get closer to making a final decision, I may have more questions for you guys.

Well moving from Jersey Enfield may seem quiet but it was still a big change for me when I was across the river in Suffield. Malls, places to eat and car dealers only 10 minutes away? That is all 30 minutes or more from where I live in NH. :lol: Plus, all those damn stoplights.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the info. If we move up, we'll need renter's insurance!

I appreciate all the info. Enfield looks like a really quiet town. I'm sure as we get closer to making a final decision, I may have more questions for you guys.

No problem man I can def help you out with renters insurance when you move along with auto if you will be getting a CT license and reg. The place I rent now (Johnny Appleseed) has a place in enfield I wouldn't want you to move to a crappy place. If and when your interested call or PM me.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I can tell you Johnny Appleseed or prob any property owned by Carrollton properties does not allow dogs. At lease their two in Ellington don't. Call Laurie at the management office ask her if she has any or can reccommend any places in enfield that accept dogs. 860-872-1000 tell her jay simko referred you.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Thanks for the links. I'll look them over. Although the rental must accept dogs. We have one 45lb Corgi mix that is moving with us.

Cats & Dogs Allowed ...

Fox Hill Apartments

168 Fox Hill Lane

Enfield, CT 06082

http://hotpads.com/apartments/200-West-Road-Ellington-CT-06029--1jve7qv6hquqz#lat=41.976101&lon=-72.592201&zoom=20&previewId=4727uyugvsc1k&previewType=listing&detailsOpen=true&listingTypes=rental,sublet,room,corporate&loan=30,0.0525,0

So we will be visiting Enfield the week of the 20th and need to stay overnight. I'm looking to stay in either the Motel 6 for $50 or the Hampton Inn for $130. Have any of you ever stayed in a Motel 6? Are they really crummy or nice enough just to sleep in? I've never staying in Motel 6's or similar hotels. Thanks for the advice.

So we will be visiting Enfield the week of the 20th and need to stay overnight. I'm looking to stay in either the Motel 6 for $50 or the Hampton Inn for $130. Have any of you ever stayed in a Motel 6? Are they really crummy or nice enough just to sleep in? I've never staying in Motel 6's or similar hotels. Thanks for the advice.

I am not a big hotel/motel guy but about 10 years ago i used to do sales and travel. I used to stay at hotels like this and they are always so so. I mean its all about your style of living and whats comfortable to you. I would say the Hampton Inn is cleaner and nicer then the Motel 6 but you get what you pay for. Depending on your wife/gf and what you are used to really all depends. I think the hampton Inn is right off I91 not sure if the motel 6 is right near it or not. If I am thinking of the right area you have alot of chain resturants in that area (red robin, applebee's, outback, 99 etc).

If you are in the area and have any questions I am one town over PM me for my contact info. I will try to help you the best I can.

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I am not a big hotel/motel guy but about 10 years ago i used to do sales and travel. I used to stay at hotels like this and they are always so so. I mean its all about your style of living and whats comfortable to you. I would say the Hampton Inn is cleaner and nicer then the Motel 6 but you get what you pay for. Depending on your wife/gf and what you are used to really all depends. I think the hampton Inn is right off I91 not sure if the motel 6 is right near it or not. If I am thinking of the right area you have alot of chain resturants in that area (red robin, applebee's, outback, 99 etc).

If you are in the area and have any questions I am one town over PM me for my contact info. I will try to help you the best I can.

Jay

Thanks.

My gf and I were talking about car/ renter's insurance and I told her about your offer. Once we get a lay of the land, I'll give you a call. BTW, what insurance do you rep?

Thanks.

My gf and I were talking about car/ renter's insurance and I told her about your offer. Once we get a lay of the land, I'll give you a call. BTW, what insurance do you rep?

I am an independent agent and I have about 10 companies some of them are travelers, progressive, peerless, Hanover, Utica national etc...

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Archived