LegacyGT.com

My heating system bites!

Or am I missing something here?

I turn on the heat with flow to my feet/upper body, and my windows fog up.

I then turn it to defrost said fog and my feet/upper body get cold.

Do y'all recirculate cabin air or bring in new? Would that make a difference?

Is there no happy medium?

Or, or, or?

TIA.

Recirculating the air will cause the fogging. It's because the air inside the cabin gets humid from all the breathing. Do the fresh air trick and it should work a lot better. The same thing used to happen to me with my Honda until I realized what was going on. Hasn't happened since. Good Luck!

I can't find a happy medium.

Its either I have foggy windows or my toes feel like they are going to fall off. It's only an issue in the winter with me, the vent tends to work better, but it still isn't great.

Put it on the setting for the defrost and the feet. I know what you mean though. The heat vents for the feet in the Legacy's suck. The problem is that they are too high. Look at them and you'll see they are at your feet. Instead, it's close to the upper part of your leg towards your knee. Plus they are small. That's one thing that Subaru didn't really think out right...

I can't find a happy medium.

Its either I have foggy windows or my toes feel like they are going to fall off. It's only an issue in the winter with me, the vent tends to work better, but it still isn't great.

ummmm...

push the switch and cylce till you see defrost and feet.

seriously.

ummmm...

push the switch and cylce till you see defrost and feet.

seriously.

Thanks for the walkthrough. :rolleyes:

The setting isn't substantial enough to warm the footwells up as well as do a good job at defrosting the windows.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first thread about this problem.

I just warm the car up for about 15 mins. in the morning during the winter because of it. It isn't a big deal.

^ haha

i typically set it at fresh air intake, with feet/upper body until the car is sufficiently warm and then i swtich it to feet only, the side vent still blows air so you can aim that towards you if you like.

but yeah, i thought it was just me with my feet being cold in the legacy

Archived