LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

Ok so I know this is my 3rd post in a row on this thread, but I decided I couldn't wait to install so I took a couple hours after lunch at work to install with a co-worker.

Very simple install with a coupe problems that couldn't be fixed, just like any other first install.

However, once I got all wires run and everything put back together. Turned everything on to test it and my right speakers are not working. I tried to search the thread but it's tough to find anything on a thread this long.

My first guess would be something came loose, any other problem that could be occurring resulting in only the right side of my car to not be getting a signal?

All speakers are functional using other sources, problem is only present with the jazzy board. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EVERYBODY READ THIS:

WHEN YOU PUSH THE WIDE WHITE BAND BACK INTO THE RADIO, ******* PUSH IT HARD AND FIRMLY UNTIL IT CLICKS OR IS OTHERWISE CLEARLY AND DEFINITELY STRAIGHT IN AND FACING THE RIGHT WAY.

90% of the recent posts I've read list symptoms that indicate that this is the problem. Yes it sucks removing the radio again and opening it up again, but if you did it right the first time, you wouldn't have to do it this time.

PS: I hope you newbs aren't manually searching this thread instead of using the THREAD SEARCH FEATURE above the first post on each page (above the "report" button) to search for shit.....not that hard.

EVERYBODY READ THIS:

WHEN YOU PUSH THE WIDE WHITE BAND BACK INTO THE RADIO, ******* PUSH IT HARD AND FIRMLY UNTIL IT CLICKS OR IS OTHERWISE CLEARLY AND DEFINITELY STRAIGHT IN AND FACING THE RIGHT WAY.

90% of the recent posts I've read list symptoms that indicate that this is the problem. Yes it sucks removing the radio again and opening it up again, but if you did it right the first time, you wouldn't have to do it this time.

PS: I hope you newbs aren't manually searching this thread instead of using the THREAD SEARCH FEATURE above the first post on each page (above the "report" button) to search for shit.....not that hard.

I tried using both search features, this thread is just so damn long. Thanks for the response, but one question. When you say wide white band back into the radio...are you referring to the ribbon or the wiring harness? I'm sure you mean the ribbon, just clarifying.

Also, if that is the problem, why would my cd changer be working and not the jazzy board since the cd changer is connected through the jazzy board?

Not to take away any credit to Jazzy and his Aux -in board, but I installed Mike Vigneau's Aux - in board that doesn't need or use a silent cd. I still have full use of all my cd slots. It works great, I-Pod levels are almost an exact match to the radio level. Perhaps not too many know about this alternative. I just did not want to use a silent CD.

Not to take away any credit to Jazzy and his Aux -in board, but I installed Mike Vigneau's Aux - in board that doesn't need or use a silent cd. I still have full use of all my cd slots. It works great, I-Pod levels are almost an exact match to the radio level. Perhaps not too many know about this alternative. I just did not want to use a silent CD.

interesting. Any links ? :rolleyes:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

If you think soldering 500 wires on every nook and cranny of your stereo and hot gluing shit in place is a viable alternative to Jazzy's simple and 100% reversible board simply to avoid a (*gasp*) silent CD, you're a true dumbass.

Additionally, the sound levels for Jazzy's board are perfectly fine IF you install the board properly....I highly doubt that anyone who is too stupid to push the ribbon cord fully back into the stereo when installing Jazzy's board has the knowledge, skill, or time to install this ridiculous "alternative" that you're suggesting.

-10 to this suggestion. It's like suggesting taking a helicopter to someone who hates sitting in traffic....IE, will it work? Most likely. Is it simple or an obvious alternative? Far from it.

As the guy who started (http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2936) this whole concept over three years ago (with the idea inspired by a post on an RX-8 forum), I can say with certainty that Jazzy's solution has been very popular, but from day one there have been a few folks VERY interested in a "no silent CD" solution, and if they choose Mike's solution, they certainly don't deserve to be called a dumbass by some newbie.

Thank you Centerpunch, for your reply to superj300. Obviously he may be technically challenged and can't tell 9 wires from 500, but he is entitled to his opinion just as all of us are. I don't think I deserve to be called a dumbass because I offer an alternate choice. I don't think even Jazzy would stoop that low and I'm sure he knows about Mike's board. We all have choices in life to make. I chose to use Mike's board, and I have installed one for someone else as well. We should respect each others opinions on this forum and not be calling names.

ENOUGH SAID

:offtopic:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion & from the beginning I haven't faulted anyone for wanting a different solution - I've actually helped several people find the info to do their own thing.

However - if you want to talk further about a different solution, I would prefer if you did it in a different thread. This one is big enough already - people looking for info on this solution don't need more clutter.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

ok, so I am thinking of doing this so I could plug my iPhone into my stereo. Quick question, would I need to get the Ground Loop Interup if I plan on getting the power adapter cord Jazzy supplies to charge my iPhone. I do not plan to have any other kind of chargers hooked up as that will be taken care of with the included power adapter.

I installed this today. Installation was pretty easy. The instructions for the pro kit should mention to install the GLI plug to the aux-in board (rather than the male-male cable). Ooops. No big deal I just wasted about 15 minutes.

EDIT - The volume level is just fine... my aux-in has two volume controls and one of them was turned down - disregard below the volume is good.

Anyhow, I am not too thrilled with the volume level. Even with the stereo at 40 (max volume) I would not say the sound is loud. I will be listening to podcasts and I hope I can actually hear them with my somewhat droning exhaust/DP. The volume of other CDS and radio volume are unaffected as far as I can tell.

When the aux-in source (100% volume, by the way) is playing with volume level 40, it's comparable to the other audio CD's at volume 20-25.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I've been very happy with the results of using Jazzy's board along with a little Belkin gizmo called the Auto Kit for iPod with Dock Connector. It combines a 12v charger with a little preamp and a 3.5mm audio out jack. I routed the audio cable into the center console and plug the Belkin into that 12v outlet. Works great, and getting volume matched to the radio has never been a problem.

I am thinking of getting a windshield mount like a GPS unit for my iPhone and running the cables up by the windshield, however I do not know if this is possible :) Will have to check it out.

I am also thinking of getting one of the windshield mounts that has the flexible arm on it and somehow mounting it to the right side of the console, maybe bolting it in somehow. I do not like how close the ipod mount that plugs into the cig lighter sits to the gear shift. Anybody tried something like this?

I've been very happy with the results of using Jazzy's board along with a little Belkin gizmo called the Auto Kit for iPod with Dock Connector. It combines a 12v charger with a little preamp and a 3.5mm audio out jack. I routed the audio cable into the center console and plug the Belkin into that 12v outlet. Works great, and getting volume matched to the radio has never been a problem.

Do you have some pics of how this looks?

Hi,

I ordered your kit over a month ago, and forgot to post a thank you note since I was on a month long cross country trip.

This thread is full of praise already, I'd just like to add one more note saying that it was very easy to install, the instructions for taking the stock radio out were perfect and the sound quality is great.

I also really appreciate that you were able to next day it to me since I was leaving on my trip the following day. I would of lost my mind constantly fiddling with the FM modulator thing every 100 miles.

ok, so I am thinking of doing this so I could plug my iPhone into my stereo. Quick question, would I need to get the Ground Loop Interup if I plan on getting the power adapter cord Jazzy supplies to charge my iPhone. I do not plan to have any other kind of chargers hooked up as that will be taken care of with the included power adapter.
Uh... I don't know that the iPod cable I sell is compatible with the iPhone, but assuming it is - if you're going to charge the iPhone while playing music from it, I would suggest using a GLI - yes.

Thanks for the smattering of continued praise too guys. Said it before - I'll say it again - it never gets old.

Just an FYI for those that probably have no idea - I'm actually in the middle of moving my wife & I down to Tucson, so pardon me if I'm a bit late responding to posts, PMs, emails & orders - I have pretty limited internet & been workin my arse off at my new day job - so what I can get done in my little closet of a temporary apartment leaves something to be desired for everyone. ...just thought I'd let everyone know - I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I'm just sorta scrambling with the new job, trying to sell a house with the wife 1500 miles away & arrange buying a new house to move into all at the same time with limited space, time & internet. :spin: I'll get to everyone eventually - just hang in there.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Uh... I don't know that the iPod cable I sell is compatible with the iPhone, but assuming it is - if you're going to charge the iPhone while playing music from it, I would suggest using a GLI - yes.

I will find out today if the iPod cable will work as my phone arrives today. From what I have read it uses the same cable. Thank you for the reply, I hope to be ordering within the next couple of weeks.

Now that I have the Jazzy Aux-In, Sirius Sportster, and DAPs (my TrekStor Vibez, wife's iPod) working together, I don't expect to ever listen to AM/FM again.

I know the Jazzy just puts the audio in at some stage after the source, and this is why the silent CD is needed. It will also play if the AM/FM radio is the source, but then you get the aux mixed in with whatever is coming through the AM/FM tuner.

Is there some simple way to get silence coming in through the AM/FM tuner, perhaps by disconnecting or even shorting the antenna input? Or will there always be some noise from that source?

If we could get the AM/FM tuner to be silent then there would be no need for the silent CD as long as you don't mind disabling the AM/FM reception. I am guessing there would always be some noise with this approach, but I don't recall it being discussed on this thread.

Anyone have any idea?