LegacyGT.com

Another "saggy butt" question?

bazooka_joe_773

Hey,

So I have an 07 Legacy GT (daily driver) and wanted to get rid of the "saggy butt" look. I'm running all stock suspension but was wondering if anyone knew what a good size spacer would be to remove the saggy butt look?

I tried researching it but most posts I found were for aftermarket spring setups.

If anyone has a picture of there setup on stock suspension I would love to see them.

Thanks,

Dan

Just figure out how much sag you want out and buy the appropriate thickness of spacer.

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/Categories

The alternative would be to buy new stock springs for the rear or go with stiffer aftermarket springs for a small drop all around.

I doubt it was designed to puposely be saggy. Stiffer stock springs would have delayed the phenomenon, so yes, the springs chosen were for comfort, but all springs lose their ability to support weight with time and repeated compression cycles.

You can install saggy butt spacers on a car with stock suspension, however if your rear suspension is sagging that much I'd look in to new springs and shocks all the way around.

I just installed Epic Springs (Eibachs) on my spec.B with 3/8" spacers and extended studs. To install the extended studs you must disassemble the shock/spring to knock out the old studs.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

You can install saggy butt spacers on a car with stock suspension, however if your rear suspension is sagging that much I'd look in to new springs and shocks all the way around.

I just installed Epic Springs (Eibachs) on my spec.B with 3/8" spacers and extended studs. To install the extended studs you must disassemble the shock/spring to knock out the old studs.

Any chance you have photos of your spec-b with these spacers? Are the Epic Springs the same height as the OEM springs?

Epics will drop a 2.5GT about an inch but it's less on a spec.B due to the taller top mounts for bilsteins hence the reason I went with the 3/8" spacer.

I'm running Swift/Koni Yellows and went with a 3/8" spacer in the rear as well. Ordered from Paranoid fab since it was a touch cheaper.

To measure the spacer size, I simply measured to from the center hub to the top of the fender well. And averaged out the difference to find a nice level compromise.

Archived