LegacyGT.com

Hogzaust

Hi guys,

I'm very interested in Hogzaust and i'm about to work on it probally this weekend, but there are some confusions, can anyone help me?

1.After i add the washers, there will be a flange right? if there's water, snow or salt go in from that flange, will it damage the muffers/exhaust?

2.what should i pay attension when i'm doing this? like will there be anything that's gunna dropped in and there's a gasket between those pipes right? do i have to put the gasket on after i add the washers?

thankssss sooo much!:)

1. I wouldnt worry about stuff getting in there. More often then not it will be blowing everything out anyway. And water is in the exhaust anyway sometimes in the AM so again i wouldn't worry.

2. The only thing i would worry about would be breaking the bolts if they are corroded badly or rusted. Spray some PB blaster on there or some kind of penetrating oil on there to try and free it up a little bit. As for the gasket, i just took mine out completely, it would whistle a little bit when it was in there, so i just removed it. I had 4 washers in mine so it was pretty loud and open.

+1, those bolts back there near the cans can be very tough to break loose, especially with the tight quarters you'd be in w/o a lift. liquid wrench/PB definitely>wd40 (and you will need it), and don't even try it with 3/8" drive.

be sure to use jackstands at minimum for safety.

no real point in reinstalling gasket if a leak is the goal.

you'll have openings, so yes, debris could enter, but afaik a lot of ppl have subscribed to the mod, and not any reports of trauma to the exhaust system from such.

good luck with the work.

thanks everyone :)

UNDERPOWERD- i'm not too understand about "+1, those bolts back there near the cans can be very tough to break loose, especially with the tight quarters you'd be in w/o a lift. liquid wrench/PB definitely>wd40 (and you will need it), and don't even try it with 3/8" drive. " cause you explain moree?

I'm 14 only but i'm sure i could do it :)

thanks everyone :)

UNDERPOWERD- i'm not too understand about "+1, those bolts back there near the cans can be very tough to break loose, especially with the tight quarters you'd be in w/o a lift. liquid wrench/PB definitely>wd40 (and you will need it), and don't even try it with 3/8" drive. " cause you explain moree?

I'm 14 only but i'm sure i could do it :)

yb28, in short what i'm saying is those benign looking bolts can be some of the toughest things to get off the car.

please take no offense, but that you didn't understand the elementary items (penetrating oils [pb blaster, liquid wrench,], ratchet drives [3/8, 1/2"]) mentioned in my post, coupled with your age and the project you intend to tackle, is cause for some concern.

in other words: in this case, it's easy to see what has to be done, but it is a lot more difficult and a bit more complex than you might imagine to actually get it done, and get it done safely.

please be very cautious/ask for help from a mechanic if we can't advise you not to bother attempting this at all.

LGT-NY / Heights...where on earth did you find those avatars:lol:

BTW, 14 year-olds can drive in Ontario?

Just some trashbag that lurks this site. :lol:

been told hoggy on a NA sounds like crap, but it wont hurt anything...

NY actually commented positively when he heard mine....

but a few months and I'll have my pineapple shooter 4" Greddy EvoII

• 5 years later...

Archived