LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy GT Spec-B

mdavis454

Hey guys, I tried searching around for some tips on a possible purchase of a 2006 Legacy GT Spec-B and outside of their being hard to find I could not really find much else. I work at a dealership where someone recently traded one in and I'm seriously considering buying it. My concerns are the fact that the vehicle does has some modifications, the extent of which I don't know yet. I can have a tech at work inspect it but given that we are not a Subaru dealer I'm hoping that maybe I could get some feedback on anything in particular I should have checked when he's looking at it. The car has 104k on it, in pretty good shape but easy to see it was a daily driver. I can buy it for $7500. I plan to use it as a mostly daily driver when the lease is up on my Fusion Sport. Anything in particular that would be a dealbreaker?

See if you can figure out what mod's have been done to it. That will give us a better direction on giving you advice of things to look for.

At a minimum, a boost leak and compression test should be done. I would also check the turbo for any shaft play and all the fluids for any warning signs (the tech should know what to look for here). I would also probably put all new fluids in it after purchase just so you have a base of when they were done last. 104k is basically time for a major service -timing belt/water pump. Can get a gates kit for ~$250 iirc. Sounds like you could have a tech do the job for relatively cheap as well?

Yea I'll see if I can get him to look at it after work today, I'll update on here when I get a better idea of what has been done to it. I got introduced to the thread where they account for a good portion of the spec-b's and this one is on there. I have the contract info for the guy too, I just don't want to violate any privacy policies by contacting him being that he was not my customer. Thanks for the heads up on some things in particular to look into while my buddy has it in the shop.

Yea I'll see if I can get him to look at it after work today, I'll update on here when I get a better idea of what has been done to it. I got introduced to the thread where they account for a good portion of the spec-b's and this one is on there. I have the contract info for the guy too, I just don't want to violate any privacy policies by contacting him being that he was not my customer. Thanks for the heads up on some things in particular to look into while my buddy has it in the shop.

I wouldnt really see a problem contacting him so you can get a backround history on the car. have a ol car guy to car guy chat.

histoy is more important with a turbo car

Hey guys, I tried searching around for some tips on a possible purchase of a 2006 Legacy GT Spec-B and outside of their being hard to find I could not really find much else. I work at a dealership where someone recently traded one in and I'm seriously considering buying it. My concerns are the fact that the vehicle does has some modifications, the extent of which I don't know yet. I can have a tech at work inspect it but given that we are not a Subaru dealer I'm hoping that maybe I could get some feedback on anything in particular I should have checked when he's looking at it. The car has 104k on it, in pretty good shape but easy to see it was a daily driver. I can buy it for $7500. I plan to use it as a mostly daily driver when the lease is up on my Fusion Sport. Anything in particular that would be a dealbreaker?

For 7,500 that car is a steal even if you end up having to put $1,500-2,000 into it... Try and find an 06 regular LGT with 104k for 7,500. not gonna happen.. i'd jump on it IMO

Side note: i miss working at the Subaru dealer and getting dibs on the trade ins lol :(

Archived