LegacyGT.com

Free advertising... Site Vendors must read!

eatV8

Would love the sites vendors opinions on this. It seems one of this sites members/moderators shamelessly plugs links in his signature for your compeditors services. They do not contribute to the site, they sponsor this member which is why they are plugged in his signature.

Personally, I think it is not on. I dont care who he is, or who he THINKS he is (lately it seems a driving instructor). They are not vendors on this forum and I believe their names should be removed from the signature unless they become vendors. I am not sure how much vendors on here pay, but I have a rough idea from other web forums I am on.

I posted a little on this on another thread where this member was again giving his misguided opinions on things but it seems to of been deleted. I can only persume as the thread wasnt about that, which is why I am starting a new one here specificly for this topic. If this thread is deleted before THE SITES VENDORS can give their opinions I will PERSONALLY email every one of them about this.

It is wrong and MUST be stopped...

The member in Questions profile...

http://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=714

When I click the vendors link up the top of the page I did not see any of the names listed... If they are donating vendors it is not very visible to see so.

They are not getting their moneys worth if I was to spend my $$ on a vendor and I cant see them on the vendor page and only someones signature which people dont like.

That list isn't complete. I don't see a few sponsors on there. You also have to keep in mind that there were a couple different tiers of sponsorship offered. Not everybody paid to have a banner up, but many have paid for the ability to advertise.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

there are two vendor sections.. ones that are listed in the directory are premium members and they pay to have that space.. the others are the typical paid vendor status.. since this is creating an issue among others, I will gladly remove my links.
Keefe

No, the vendors are tiered. Only "Standard" and "Premium" get listed in the directory and only at their discression. This information is listed in our services page.

When I click the vendors link up the top of the page I did not see any of the names listed... If they are donating vendors it is not very visible to see so.

They are not getting their moneys worth if I was to spend my $$ on a vendor and I cant see them on the vendor page and only someones signature which people dont like.

The list up top is for Vendor 3 level. There is a vendor 2 status as well I believe.

I've seen this topic come up on other bulletin boards and it's tough to say to one person you cant put a link in the sig because that link isn't sponsored, etc, etc.

As a tier 3, I would prefer that if someone wants to actively sell new product here and promote a business, that they put in some money to at least be a vendor here... but to sell your used tires, etc, I don't see any reason for that. If keefe wants to promote his/a driving school, his brake vendors, etc.... I have no problem with that, but if he actively starts posting prices for them, then it may be an issue.

but that's just one guys opinion.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

I don't think people should be allowed to have financial relationships with vendors AND be a moderator on this site for extremely obvious reasons. I can't imagine why people would want it any other way. that's my two cents.
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

I am now accepting sponsor endorsements.

I'll need to see the condition of your paint first. I'll need to see a used clay bar and your collection of microfiber towels and then we can talk sponsorship.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I don't think people should be allowed to have financial relationships with vendors AND be a moderator on this site for extremely obvious reasons. I can't imagine why people would want it any other way. that's my two cents.

That's a different but very flammable topic.

I keed I keeed

I don't really see a problem unless they abuse their mod powers in situations where they have a conflict of interest. Having a relationship with a vendor shouldn't affect one's ability to perform most mod duties, such as steering threads back on topic, closing threads, etc.

I do, however, think that vendor advertising should be done through Tide, in accordance with the guidelines he has set up for vendor status. It's one thing for an individual member to post about an experience with a particular vendor, but I think it's going too far when members (or mods, or whoever) put what amounts to low-tech banner ads in their signature.

What about me? :p

What's all the fuss about? Am I missing something? I dunno, keefe hooked me up with liteswap/brakeswap & I got a great deal on SS-lines, pads, & fluid, + a great walkthrough a-la keefe on how to install it all. I consider that beneficial.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived