LegacyGT.com

IAG Performance vs. Agile Automotive

magnoon

Hey guys, so I'm about to get some parts installed and getting a pro tune as well. Has anyone dealt with both of these guys? I've been working with IAG and am greatly satisfied with there service but if there's something better....

Also, does anyone know the price of a tune at agile? I searched their website and google but couldn't find anything...

Thanks!!

-Chris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tunes at agile are 250 an hour, usually takes about 2 hours.

I've dealt with both and have nothing but good to say about both shops. IAG stocks quite a bit more parts but if your planning to have the shop do all the work then that shouldn't matter.

Agile is doing my third protune on Wed but I'm happy to go to either place.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Between the two, go IAG.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Both are good shops in my opinion, tuning wist Agile has the edge over IAG but in the parts stock and build category IAG wins. But everyone experiences are different ive just seen Agiles builds on a few of my friends cars and one particular took 2 months over the projected date and had more then a few mishaps along the way. IAG ive never seen or heard of any problems so far.

Both are good shops in my opinion, tuning wist Agile has the edge over IAG but in the parts stock and build category IAG wins. But everyone experiences are different ive just seen Agiles builds on a few of my friends cars and one particular took 2 months over the projected date and had more then a few mishaps along the way. IAG ive never seen or heard of any problems so far.

i agree with this but im a little weary on the "tuning wise agile has the edge"...ive been tuned by both shops. Jorge @IAG is one of, if not the most experienced Accessport tuner in the country. He was actually telling me how he's seen Cobb progress from just his buddies last name, to a major parts manufacturer across the world. Agile is great too on the other hand, but i just dont think the same can be said about their tuner :)

i agree with this but im a little weary on the "tuning wise agile has the edge"...ive been tuned by both shops. Jorge @IAG is one of, if not the most experienced Accessport tuner in the country. He was actually telling me how he's seen Cobb progress from just his buddies last name, to a major parts manufacturer across the world. Agile is great too on the other hand, but i just dont think the same can be said about their tuner :)

To each his own, everyones experiences are different. Id honestly take my car to either to get it tuned. Its just a personal preference from what ive seen. I havent seen too many IAG tuned cars, I've just heard so that biases my opinion towards agile being that I've seen about 5 cars get tuned there and had great results.

I don't know if its too late to interject.

Agile and IAG are both good tuners. They both will charge you for 2 hours of tune time @250 hr. I've had good and mediocre experiences with both shops. I've only had a few bad experiences with Agile. The tune is good, but I had a misfire issue with a previous car and taken it to Agile. It cost me over 2k to get a bad coilpack diagnosed, and they swapped the coilpack out with a used one. So for 2k I got a USED coilpack. I remember Hill telling me in the beginning that he thought it was a coilpack, but I was a fanboi and didn't ever scrutinize why my car would be there for a week, I just thought it was in good hands.

The protunes are both good though. I feel that I had a solid aggressive tune with my Agile tune, my IAG tune felt safer and more engine friendly (still felt like a new car with my tune). I ended up having to have the tunes modified and emailed to me later because of issues (which is both a bad thing and a good thing) The good thing was that the customer service that IAG and Jorge have are bulletproof, but bad that it wasn't tuned perfectly the first time.

I have other stories about Agile, but since I wasn't there and only know the car owners side of the story I'll PM it if people want to know but I'm not going to bash publicly.

do you already have a v1 Ap?

Maybe he would like to buy an 8-track player too.

OP, I think you might be missing the point here of getting a quality tune. If you are basing your selling point is on that they will use an APv1 instead of an APv2.

You really should base your decision on the meal, not the pots and pan used to make the dish. Sorry for the metaphor.

If you are passing up on different shops in the area because of APv1 or 2, unless you already have the aforementioned relic.

do you already have a v1 Ap?

Yes I do.

Maybe he would like to buy an 8-track player too.

OP, I think you might be missing the point here of getting a quality tune. If you are basing your selling point is on that they will use an APv1 instead of an APv2.

You really should base your decision on the meal, not the pots and pan used to make the dish. Sorry for the metaphor.

If you are passing up on different shops in the area because of APv1 or 2, unless you already have the aforementioned relic.

According to the feedback, both shops are reputable tuners, i figured i wouldn't be losing either way... its just that i already have a v1, so I thought no sense if spending more money to sell and buy a v2 if i didn't have to... am I wrong in this??

Yes I do.

According to the feedback, both shops are reputable tuners, i figured i wouldn't be losing either way... its just that i already have a v1, so I thought no sense if spending more money to sell and buy a v2 if i didn't have to... am I wrong in this??

You are limiting yourself in other features that the v2 provides. But if you are just going for the tune, then no. I would ask hill if he is limited at all by you using an apv1 versus 2. I really don't think you are (except for FFS and launch control.)

When the v2 accessports came out, Hill informed me to jump ship with the v1's as they couldn't handle the same amount of information as the newer ones. He also told me I would get a much nicer tune with the v2.

How much of this is the truth, I couldn't tell you. But don't be surprised if they try and push you toward a v2.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I have to say Agile. Their tuner is the owner of the shop. He started the shop after working on his own car back when the WRX first came to the states. I have no experience with IAG, but that is because I just go to Agile even though its further from me.

I have to say Agile. Their tuner is the owner of the shop. He started the shop after working on his own car back when the WRX first came to the states. I have no experience with IAG, but that is because I just go to Agile even though its further from me.

:lol:

You joined to post this?

Just tell us what happens with your tune OP.:wub:

Archived