LegacyGT.com

No love for low offset, deep dishes?

doubleshotz

Almost everytime I see a LGT owners(IN THE U.S.) put aftermarket wheels on, the offset on the higher side.

As far as I'm concerned, Subies have PLENTY room to work with under the wheel well.

So I don't understand, is LGT owners the only ones who do NOT appreciate the visual aesthetics of a deep dish(3"+ lips), concave type, staggered and/or flush setups? (I'm not talking about STRETCHING TIRES)

Is it because the odd bolt pattern?

I can count how many times I saw a LGT aftermarket wheel setup that's visually appealing, with ONE HAND.

Folks with big brakes, those that hit the track/strip every weekend and/or performance orientated ppl, I can understand. Y'all don't need em. It's not practical or useful to you ppl.

Now for the rest of you DDs and those who put money on your exterior......

School me.

There isnt that much room under the fender

stock offset is +55

and you cant do staggered setup on a suby

there are plenty of people who runs 18x9.5 +38 setup without too much work

if you want more extreme, then you need more fender work

this above statements are all refering to a 4th gen

if you have 5th gen, seems like you can easily fit 19x9.5 +35

which means if you do higher offset, you can probably fit 10.5

School me.

"People" is not spelled "Ppl".

Here is what you do.

Tub the rear, pull the fenders, convert to RWD, and run whatever deep dish wheels you want!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

there are plenty of people who runs 18x9.5 +38 setup without too much work

if you want more extreme, then you need more fender work

this above statements are all refering to a 4th gen

if you have 5th gen, seems like you can easily fit 19x9.5 +35

which means if you do higher offset, you can probably fit 10.5

I forgot to mention 4th gen.

19x9.5+35 sounds like it would be already aggressive enough for me.

10.5 is too much for my taste. Especially on these cars.

Nonetheless, great info. Thank you.

6 posts by OP. 5 posts by others. :lol: Silly topic and not in line with the LGT community. You have been a member since 2008, you should know that. The link I sent you was a STICKY at the top of the wheels/tires section fo the forum (very easy to find). I am happy you appreciated the link and it is apparent that you should spend a lot more time reading the forum and figuring out the "feel" of the LGT community. The multiquote and edit buttons help keep you from trolling your own thread.

EDIT:

Wheels/tires section

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/wheels-tires-43.html

Wheel/tire fitment compendium

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

Wheel offset calculator

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wheel-offset-calculator-127927.html

^hope it helps and FWIW, Drift Motion could help you find a wheel/tire combo that you like. PM him.

Its because Subaru wheel bearings don't like low offset wheels and because there isn't much room underneath like other cars. I've noticed that most Subaru owners are more mature too and care more about functionality and reliability.

I say do what you want. I'm a new member but I'm not new to forums or wheel fitment whether it be functional or not in the "feel" of the forum community. Not everyone is going to like what you do no matter which path you take. Good luck whichever way you go.

Archived