LegacyGT.com

Softer???

giotein

i have been reading on past topics on Tein Basic vs Tein Flex.

I dont think this question came up because i had no luck finding anything on it.

With the softest settings on Tein Flex, will it ever be as soft OR softer than the Basic??

the basics are basically a stock design with a lower spring perch and shorter spring.. just think of it that way (and if you had to isolate the two with having equal spring rates, the Basics are just enough to handle the shorten ride height, like a stock shock/spring setup was designed as well.. hopefully, a near stock ride feel but with a lower stance).. compare the two spring rates for each.. that should give you an idication of how aggressive the shock valving is.. but from my knowledge, Tein's have been on the softer side of things for the "street" use version.. even the Flex is soft to me and it's pretty sensitive to ride height and shock travel changes (so do read the manual to know what the lowering limits are for the FLEX). The only Teins that I do give praise to are the racing ones (seems that those are the ones that get the most R&D and Tein designed them right.. too bad they don't spend as much time with the rest of their lineup of suspension parts.
Keefe

The only Teins that I do give praise to are the racing ones (seems that those are the ones that get the most R&D and Tein designed them right.. too bad they don't spend as much time with the rest of their lineup of suspension parts.

+1 but that little Tein guy is sooo cool

Archived