LegacyGT.com

2.0 Legacy JDM Parts source

Hello,

Can someone please point me to a supplier of parts for a JDM subaru.

My vehicle AT light flashes 16 time at start up, and a self diagnostic produce

code 24- IAC Valve.

From my research and your helpful posts it seem I will be seeking the following parts:

Clutch Pack

Duty C

IAV valve.

Is the transmission Internal components of the TZ102YBDBA changeable with either of these transmission.

- TZ102YBAAA

- TZ102YBABA

- TZ102YBCBA

What code/ type transmission do the US Dual turbo use.

Vehicle specs:

1997 Subaru Legacy: 2.0 JDM (Dual Turbo)

Heavy Industries LTD

E-BDS

VIN# BDS-029458

Aplied Model BDSC48P

Option Code: AHC

Trim Code: 710

Engine Type: EJ20

Color Code: 51E

Transmission Type: TZ102YBDBA

One more try for a fix before I send her to the parts yard.

Note: I am searching from the Cayman Islands

Regards::spin:

• 2 months later...

After a lot of searching I found the following parts source for a JDM Subaru. Very good service and fast shipment.. I am putting it up just in case someone else had problems sourcing parts for A JDM as I did.. Speed sensor and Duty-C (valve assembly) Part # below.. Gave him my JDM Vin and presto..

Chisato Yamamoto

Suitparts.com

3-13 Tokiwa-cho, Kuwana, Mie 511-0062 Japan

tel: 0594-22-9139 fax: 0594-23-9315

Speed Sensor / 85082-AC002

Valve Assy / 31942-AA090 ( Duty C Sylenoid )

• 2 months later...
Following up: Installed the Duty-C and speed sensor, good fix no codes and no blinking lights. found a leak at the turbo inlet/induction pipe, will have to replace the inlet which will require removal of the manifold. Also found the part# and Diagram on a Russian site I was able to cross reference with Yamamoto who agree it is a match for the 97 legacy.. I will try to put up the picture for anyone who may be seeking same.. I cannot find the russian site again but I continue to search. Will post the link if I find it again. The parts diagram also shows how things go back together also. If someone know the address please post.. As for removing the manifold i have my labels and patience in stock.

1646107793_inletpipe.png.4a7efbe51a60a68770d847f9bd5f508e.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been digging into the Legacy, Just replaced the Turbo inlet pipe. Removing the manifold was a bear, but very satisfying getting every thing back together. I having been getting any responses, so I was trying to be helpful when I visit. Picture is almost identical to my RS; the assembly attached to the intercooler at Grid G-3 is located on the bottom of my intercooler, area C-1. other than that it looks identical to my RS..

Stang70Fastback: Thanks for the correction ; I will have to be more exacting next time.. I agree the teacher would not have given me a pass either. The grid works though.

I had to remove a hose from the reservoir located at grid A-4, all of the fluid leaked out, and I am trying to determine what type fluid to replace. Looks like motor oil, but I don't know for sure. My repair manual don't even show it. Anyone knows what type fluid is used in there.

It seems to be a recovery tank for oil traveling to the radiator for cooling. Help!!

Stasis: Thanks. Yes the reservoir falls on grid A between 4&5. Had a closer, look the hose I disconnected may have been an oil line feeding oil to the reservoir inner core for cooling. The residue in the tank is green, so antifreeze seem to match.. Will add some coolant and try for a start up this afternoon.. Better safe than sorry.. Thanks again..

Did a start up this afternoon, engine started with a little rough idle until the computer relearned and accepted what I did. Still no light or fault codes.. Youtube and all the helpful folks are the best. Keep on posting and thanks to all who helped this newbie. Next project 911 wiring and fit-out, I have all the gear for a complete re-do and now retired, the time hope.. Finally; I used a spray nozel from a bottle to take out all the fluid from my power-steering resiviour works well.. The bottle I got from a shipment of POR-15/metal ready, even have a clear tube and you can see when the ATF color change as you flush out the old for new.. Next time..

Archived