LegacyGT.com

Norfolk/Va Beach

JPU1

I may have an opportunity to relocate to the Norfolk/Va Beach area for work, I have never been there. Is anyone familiar with the area and willing to help me get an idea of what i would be moving into?

I don't want to hear about how awesome it is to go there for spring break and how you got soo hammered, or any nonsense like that, I am not a partier and my job requires me to be on call at the hospital for what feels like my entire life. I am considering moving myself and my fiance there, we are 24-25, looking for a comfortable and safe place to live.

Thanks In Advance

Which hospital? There are some pretty nice areas of norfolk, surrounded by some pretty bad areas. My wife and I currently live in the Ghent area of Norfolk which is supposed to be nicer but we both grew up in the suburbs of DC and we're not such a fan of this area. We'll be looking to move out to VA Beach or Chesapeake soon as they have more suburban areas. We just had our first kid and would much rather be in a quieter suburban neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...

The area is great. We have been here for 6 years and I love it (besides the horrible drivers and traffic for no reason). I live in Hampton which is about 20 minutes from Norfolk....just a drive across the water. I'm sorry I can't really speak for the other side of the water as I have not lived there so I don't really know prices or areas to live down there.....all I can speak for is the peninsula.

There is plenty of things to do for a single person and for a family. Any questions you have I can try my best to answer.

Archived