LegacyGT.com

Help me spend $1500 on my 07

I am new on here so I am asking for a bit of direction. Here is where I stand.

I will have at least an extra $1500 this month for my new DD (tax return)

Last week I bought a 07 LGT Limited (5eat) w/ 40k on it.

On the 3rd day of ownership I replaced the ugly chrome wheels with some nice looking Enkies. So I am good with the wheels and tires for now.

On the 4th day I replaced all fluids and filters but the diffs and the cabin filter. I also ordered large oil and tranny coolers which I just got but have not put on.

On the 5th day I ordered Rallitek springs and swaybars but have not yet received them.

GOALS: Make it handel well, stop without vibration, and then make it faster.

1. Rotors are warped and all pads are getting thin. Fix this with??? stock?

2. Have another subie running E85 and I need to get this one on the stuff . too. :) I have friends to provide the tune... just need injectors and a . fuel pump (might have one ordered before anyone reads this)...:cool:

3. LR strut needs replaced.

4. NOT BLOWING UP ANOTHER TRANSMISSION (have past 4eat hate)

5. go fast when desired

So I think I have the wheels, tires, springs, sways and coolers taken care of. So what should I do next? I am open to all ideas. (including where I should have put this post lol)

Since one strut already needs replaced you might as well do Bilstein HD's all around.. that'll run you about 900 bucks.. otherwise you're going to regret putting springs on stock dampers in the future.

Yeah that was a major dilemma. I thought about the Bilsteins and I almost went for some coil overs instead of the springs alone, but i want to keep the ride quality as close to stock as possible. I know that coil overs are adjustable. I have 2 other cars w/ coil overs and think I am better off with the stockers at this time. I may change my mind in the future, but the springs are already in the mail, soooooo. ;)

p.s. your avatar reminds me of someone that goes by shotgunslade (i think that was it) on a SVX forum.

I experienced the vibration under breaking on my 09 right when I got it and I know others here have too. To get rid of the vibration under breaking you just need to replace the pads with non stock ones. The rotors probably are not warped but may need to be turned down as a result of uneven wear and build up. The stock pads leave behind material. I switched to Hawk HPS pads, had front rotors turned down and problem was solved. Vibration free for 10k miles.

I experienced the vibration under breaking on my 09 right when I got it and I know others here have too. To get rid of the vibration under breaking you just need to replace the pads with non stock ones. The rotors probably are not warped but may need to be turned down as a result of uneven wear and build up. The stock pads leave behind material. I switched to Hawk HPS pads, had front rotors turned down and problem was solved. Vibration free for 10k miles.

Thanks for the input. :) I need pads anyway, so I will just have to pick a brand. I planned to do the brakes when I have the car in the air doing the suspension anyway.

Archived