LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

• 1 month later...
185k, not sure how I'd categorize the holding up as it has a lot of problems.......but the mileage is high.

Passenger's side valve cover leaking.

Passenger's side inner CV Boot torn.

Blower motor whine.

Bad struts.

4th gear Synchro going south.

Power loss issue over 1/2 throttle (suspect plugged cat).

Still driving with the windshield that cracked when I turned on the wiper defroster last winter on a -20 something degree morning.

On a positive note the replacement turbo hasn't failed yet.

Well.......I guess I bow out at 185K. Throw out bearing pretty much disintegrated last Friday. Motor's coming out now.

194K, Midwestern OBXT. Marginal chassis rust, no body rust.

Developing a rather large oil leak at the moment. But, otherwise just regular maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

94,567 Passenger's side outer CV Boot throwing its guts out, but no tear on the boot.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Just hit 218 . Its been through 1 block 1 head and 1 turbo. Currently stage 2 e-tune but needs moar power but i can still beat most cars of the line.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Just hit 218 . Its been through 1 block 1 head and 1 turbo. Currently stage 2 e-tune but needs moar power but i can still beat most cars of the line.

Brake Boosting? :) I can't wait to go stage 2.

Brake Boosting? :) I can't wait to go stage 2.

I usually dont cuase i dont want to break the car. I just mash the throttle down and honestly going stage 2 makes your car shift better and faster.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

• 3 months later...

well....the day has come. I've decided to let my car go. already have a potential buyer for it.

finally got a 2nd opinion from a local mechanic on the oil leaks coming from my car. the diagnosis:

left HG leak

valve cover leaking badly

unidentified (too much oil on it) leak coming from back by the turbo.

that paired with coming up on TB replacement/water pump.

I don't have the time, resources, patience, finances to make this a project car. Time to let someone else give it some love and make her a beast.

270k. good run.

11025937_10207103244007803_3816754919143450459_n.thumb.jpg.a061f110ced107259240279190d3a508.jpg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Do you have a replacement lined up? What direction are you headed now?

currently have a commuter. but trying to sell that and pick up a forester i think.

CAR1.JPG.72e15100697a889bd32793be6294e562.JPG

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Yeah, I really should pick up a 2nd/commuter car. Is that a Chevy Sonic? My buddy in CA just picked up the Spark to help with his 335's mileage - surprisingly, he loves it. When's the wagon getting picked up?

it's a sonic ltz. fully loaded. wanna buy it? :lol: it's over in the classifieds.

still working that out. coming up with a fair price.

well....the day has come. I've decided to let my car go. already have a potential buyer for it.

finally got a 2nd opinion from a local mechanic on the oil leaks coming from my car. the diagnosis:

left HG leak

valve cover leaking badly

unidentified (too much oil on it) leak coming from back by the turbo.

that paired with coming up on TB replacement/water pump.

I don't have the time, resources, patience, finances to make this a project car. Time to let someone else give it some love and make her a beast.

270k. good run.

Good Luck buddy. You got a long run out of her.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Went over 275k last weekend.

The LGT just don't get driven as much, this time of year

Show off... Glad to see she's still doing well.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Replaced the rear sway bar ends links on Saturday on the wagon, for the first time, 211,000 miles.

It's going in the shop tomorrow to have the chassis nut replaced for the rear mount bolt for the front left LCA, then align the car. I replaced the left ball joint again the other weekend. That last ball joint didn't hold up well over the past winter, damn pot holes. Had to have one rim repaired too, it got bent.

It was also the left front.

• 2 weeks later...
214000, owned it for 2 years and put about 4 thousand into maintenence, these cars are the worst for reliablility in my area, but everybody likes a bad girl, fresh headgasket last week, act heavy duty clutch tomorrow (exedy pro kit lasted 9 monthes), goes like hell when it does go!:lol: