LegacyGT.com

So I did my first Detail on my G/f's car... PICS GALORE

Here are the products used and my Car that I sold to my little brother that I had before the LGT..

Menzerna IP (Green Edge 2000 Pad - Orange wasn't cutting as much as I would have liked)

Klasse AIO (Orange Edge 2000 Pad)

NXT (Foam Pad to Apply and Microfiber Bonnet to buff off)

This is how dirty the pads got. The Pinnacle Pad cleaner took all of it out though and they are as good as new now.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/garrett804/IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0515.JPG.d02dc15b7709b68b05d9004f315ca202.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG.da95989204adc0c12c944e8d2a0de997.JPG

damn, nice work.

i hope she returned the polishing favor... ;)

haha u took these out of my mouth :p

Anyhow, MiniStiGuy u have nice body, I am sure ur gf will "favor" you at any given day.

I also like the chocolate dip donut buffpads.

Maybe you should sell them to ur local donut shop

ok, dumb question.

ovbiously the pads took off the oxidation and the pads are the color of the paint. so, does that mean that the clear coat is completely gone and all that's left is the base color? or are the clear coat and color mixed in one? do different car manufacturers do it differently?

the clear coat isn't gone...

Her car has been repainted and scratched GALORE by her father. I still didn't get near all the scratches out but those will require a wet sanding and I didn't have time for that so I just used the strongest stuff I had at the time and unfortunately the results are only minor scratches and all the oxidation.

...unfortunately the results are only minor scratches and all the oxidation.

Nothing unfortunate, great improvement. Was this your first detail?

I'm thinking about getting a PC or the like for my car. Did you use a PC? If so, what's the learning curve? How easy is it to burn your car with one of those? I've been to OCDetails.com (great site), but I always like to get info from several different sources.

Thanks

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Nothing unfortunate, great improvement. Was this your first detail?

I'm thinking about getting a PC or the like for my car. Did you use a PC? If so, what's the learning curve? How easy is it to burn your car with one of those? I've been to OCDetails.com (great site), but I always like to get info from several different sources.

Thanks

Yes I used a PC to do the job.

They are super easy to use its the pads that make it more difficult to use depending on what type of pad you get. I use the Edge 2000 pads and they are awesome and really easy to use. Since the edge pads are not backing plate and velcro dependant you can get around corner's much easier and not have to worry about it breaking lose from the backing plate.

I highly recommend getting a PC. They are so easy to use and only a true idiot could even screw something up by using one.

I love mine so much that I'm doing my 2nd detail this weekend on a BMW 745.

Archived