LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

Do you still currently have units available to ship to the United States?

I have one brand new in the package he shipped me a few weeks ago. Give me $75 Shipped.

I went the JDM route. Let me know thanks.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Received mine a couple days ago, installed it last night and it works great! Still need to tidy up a bit and decide on final install location for the switch and aux-in port. I bought an iClever bluetooth receiver thingy, plugs into the aux-in of the leptronix and connects to the phone over bluetooth, worked perfectly and sounds great!

It's pretty easy if you follow the guide! One tip from me.. Before you stick the board down on the antenna board or whatever it is, make sure you check for clearance for your stereo cable! I glued mine down and only then realized there was a smaller board in front of where I had placed the jack :D

Finally finished my install this morning! Getting the damn arm rest/console off was hard, broke one of the clips until I figured out how they pop out.. Of course, you don't have to do any of this, I just wanted to make it all as clean and stock looking as possible.

I ended up drilling a small hole on the bottom of the arm rest storage box (next to the 12v outlet) and mounting a panel mount jack like this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=219363&stc=1&d=1446922652

wires connect to the stereo cable coming out of the leptronix with a JST plug so it can all be disconnected. Installed the switch in the same position as the leptronix instructions.

I've got the iClever bluetooth adapter inside the arm rest box, connected to the 12v outlet and the aux-in port, my phone automatically connects to the BT adapter as soon as the car is turned on :D For bonus points, I bought a 2nd adapter and plugged it to my home theatre so it works exactly the same at home and in the car :dm:

Very happy with this, the sound is great, the automatic setting in the leptronix works very well, no silly blank CD to worry about.. Sweet! I still wish I had the JDM double din setup, but for the price.. This is awesome.

panel_mount_jack.jpg.76d8b9694c7a66c0f821a4f5a21a5d60.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So i finally got around to doing the install. I ran into a problem. The aux board seems not to be passing thru any audio. FM, CD, Aux-in do not play any volume the head unit it self is fully functional i can even hear the clicking inside the HU when i switch from Auto to ON to OFF. I've tried different 1/8" audio cables with no luck. The only way i can get the HU to work is disconnecting the aux board ribbon cable and reinstalling the CD changer ribbon back to the HU board where it belongs. I've tried cleaning the Aux ribbon cable with alcohol and confirmed the proper installation 3 or 4 times. I'm at a loss of ideas.

Any troubleshooting ideas? i have multimeter i can use to test things. If you want to take it to email that would probably be faster.

bballer182@gmail.com

Justin

So i finally got around to doing the install. I ran into a problem. The aux board seems not to be passing thru any audio. FM, CD, Aux-in do not play any volume the head unit it self is fully functional i can even hear the clicking inside the HU when i switch from Auto to ON to OFF. I've tried different 1/8" audio cables with no luck. The only way i can get the HU to work is disconnecting the aux board ribbon cable and reinstalling the CD changer ribbon back to the HU board where it belongs. I've tried cleaning the Aux ribbon cable with alcohol and confirmed the proper installation 3 or 4 times. I'm at a loss of ideas.

Any troubleshooting ideas? i have multimeter i can use to test things. If you want to take it to email that would probably be faster.

bballer182@gmail.com

Justin

Email sent!

• 3 weeks later...

Installed mine. Just over an hour, no problems. Works great!

Feedback on install instructions:

- The wire colors for aux switch were red/black/green instead of red/black/white. Didn't slow me down any, assumed green was white.

- The instructions on removing screws were very detailed, but missed the screw that holds the hazard light switch in place.

No other issues at all. Very happy!

EDIT: More observations after commuting with the aux-in installed...

Love it.

- The sound quality of a song playing on Pandora is the same as if it was playing on a CD. Bass/Treble controls on the stereo work.

- The stereo has to be playing *something*, so while the aux-in is active and playing music from my phone the factory stereo is displaying an FM station number, etc.

- If you change the FM frequency while the aux-in is active then the sound will mute fro a split second. Apparently the radio does this to stop you hearing static as it switches frequency or something, but the mute effect happens after the aux-in connection point. Not a problem, just an observation.

Had this car for 8 years, and have always wanted an aux-in. Was about to buy the DIN fascia from japan...

Edited by Scruit

Email sent!

Thanks RedFloyd for all the help and timely support. You were a big help and the only way the card would have ever worked was the way you fixed it. You're the man!

Note to anyone considering this mod. DO IT! Sebastian is a stand up guy and makes an awesome product!

• 2 months later...

All the way up! I want to let you know that I'm still selling these units. I might be a little slower on shipping because I don't have many units in stock and I'm building them to the demand. But don't hesitate to pm me or to place an order!

Thanks everyone!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
So glad I found this thread.. Just shot Sebastien an email to see if he's still in business, but will be following up with an order for one after seeing this threads activity. This 05 Outback LL Bean I purchased is great for Colorado adventures aside from having to burn tons of CD's all the time for my weekend trips. Looking forward to installing this fun little piece! Edited by gcoop
cause stone cold said so