LegacyGT.com

"Chef Os" 2008 Legacy GT build

Youtube Video:

After being on the LGT forums for a couple years, I decided to brag and do my build thread finally. I have participated in a few of mspranks' GB and got the sways, endlinks, and so on and so forth. I previously built an 02 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally with a fully built motor,JE pistons, Pauter rods, PP heads and upgraded valves from RPW in Australia Kaaz LSD and much more!!...Martin Musial@ AMS tuned 308whp 301 wtq @19psi on a T3/T4 .60 AEM stand alone, RC eng 550CC, Walbro, Aeromotive FPR...

now to the Subie, I owned a 09 Seacrest Metallic Green 2.5i Limited Edition that I was going to build but had electrical issues on a brand new car, same problems 3 times and Subaru couldnt fix it, I didnt want to pay for a LEMON and SOA worked with me and got myself into an 08 Legacy GT with only 19k miles after 2 months of searching. Finally got the car I wanted, and the build begins...

After collecting tons of parts and Msprank Groupbuys i was pumped, I get a facebook message about STI Mikey coming to tune some Chicago/Midwest Subarus, and I hesitated and dragged to put my name on the list, but since i am getting married May 2014, I must or may have to sell parts and never get the chance of installing parts and do a tune, so i pulled the trigger, I hosted an install day and with the help of a friend, we got my parts installed, as i helped with his installs, went to Proformance Speed Shop and met Mikey... after my tune are rare color of a leggy...she got her name...I present to you... "Dirty Penny"

MOD LIST:

Cobb AP via STi Mikey @ Proformance Speed Shop in Franklin Park, IL (awesome guys)

346 torque @ 3400rpm

252 awhp @ 4600rpm

@19.1 PSI

So much for keeping her stock lol...damn mod bug!

UPDATE 5/25/2017

Cobb AP v3 via STi Mikey tuned

Steamspeed STX71 8cm GTX3071r

Perrin Turbo blanket

Grimmspeed turbo heatshield

ID 1000s/DW65c

Perrin Equal length headers ceramic coated

Invidia catless dp with perrin blanket

Grimmspeed EWG ceramic coated uppipe

Grimmspeed 3 port ebcs

Turbosmart 40mm compgate

Saikou Michi Dual Oil catch can

Invidia Q300

Southbend stage 3 daily clutch

11' WRX SMFW

Perrin 2.4 inlet

Free range BPV silicone hose

Venair vacuum silicone hoses

Mishimoto aluminum radiator

KS tech 73mm cold air intake

Redline Goods leather boots/armrest

AVO short throw shifter/ bushings

Momo shift knob

Rallitek shifter bushings

Group N motor/trans mounts

APM tuned blast plates/trans brace

AEM wideband o2 sensor

AEM boost gauge

Kartboy F/R endlinks

Hotchkis F/R swaybars

AVO rear stabilizer mounts

Cusco rear strut bar

STi flexible strut bar

STi lower arm bar

Tein H techs w/Koni yellows

Mevotech aluminum LCA

Whiteline KTA124 Rear Control Arm

11' WRX wheels

Bayson R front spoiler lip

Spoiler King rear windshield lip

80b81c2b0f97f020362a630aad903ee3.jpg

Edited by tocinoman25
Update mod list

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDByIK182M]Guinness world record for 'Largest Parade of Subaru Cars' in Itasca, IL - 07/13/13 - YouTube[/ame]

Im at 8:09- 8:12 in this video hehe

and @chefo.soriano

Installed Venair silicone TB hose this morning before the heat kicked in...I must say it was a breeze...I read that the AVO hose was a bit tricky for it to sit right...with the Venair it was straight forward...best tip...when removing the oem tb hose line it up next to venair hose so the curves match, that way when installing...no need for flipping it around, turning it and wrestling with it...took me about 40 mins to install....as i dropped one of the bolts for the GFB BPV and didnt make the floor...had to jack the car and reach for it...oh well...pretty happy with the way it went, especially after reading horror stories of the AVO TB hose...definitely recommend this product!! Thanks Mike @ infamous performance...:cool:

Saving for fuel upgrade and possibly TMIC and BNR 18G?? im hungry for more powah...

tbhose.jpg.458e488b99df3991f6280b5f63752279.jpg

1614662206_tbhoseinstalled.jpg.e7523a6539bb35e334ef19260b79dceb.jpg

and @chefo.soriano

After the rain...it cooled down a little bit and ended up installing my RalliteK shifter bushings...install was smooth and didnt have to remove crossmember or lift trans, etc...last pic of everything installed is not on here as my phone died on me...the oem bushing looks beat up and was pretty brittle

162449061_shifterbushing1.jpg.e567b1a1267537c16f413ca19cee9976.jpg

1484218507_shifterbushing2.jpg.28b822c10a82aad80d606531fbde5ed2.jpg

2074138783_shifterbushing3.jpg.15181d8e8bd498ae8b8c71d68c547dfa.jpg

and @chefo.soriano

Thanks!! ^BP TMIC is holding up just fine...looking into a BNR EVO3 16G or maybe even HTA68 if the funds allow me to...but from what i read i can get the best bang for my buck with 16G...im not looking for an extreme amount of power..something stronger than oem VF and since it a DD...i do love the dyno vids and graphs from the HTA and the 1.5XTR cuz that is the powerband id like to see out of my leggy :rolleyes:

Cant go wrong with the 16G and pump and tune when STi Mikey comes back to Chicago...;) I have a couple of options and time will tell, as for now, im enjoying spanking some cars this summer...but always hungry for a bit more

and @chefo.soriano

I say go for the 18 or 20G you will be a little happier than the 16G lol :) That Tmic may be holding up just fine but is robbing you on performance and usually fails most... all in all enjoy spanking some cars for a little bit and then when your hungry keep us in tune with your upgrades bro.
05 Legacsti with toys, Efi Logics Tuned, Whitey Built

Which lip is that? Looks pretty good. How is fitment?

its the famous 06 wrx ebay lip...from (baysonR) fitment is great...just trimmed about an inch on each of the center tabs...i didnt remove bumper, just some painters tape and clamps to help line it all up...

and @chefo.soriano

i would like to see how big of a difference is my 346 torque with stock vf against some 18gs that put down 350awhp...it cant be too far of a difference right? im such a noob...but from the cars i been spanking, im impressed with the performance, i do like the powerband on the upgraded turbo....compared to mine that just falls off...seems like i can take the pull in the beginning but who knows how fast that 18g can creep up on me...me no likey that...lol...since my car is still 55k miles young, i will stick with my current setup and save up for future turbo upgrade and mods ;)

from what ive read, some can get away with great number with a 16g and sup. mods, vs an 18G with all the sup. mods? price wise/hp increase...jase jase can chime in?...i have followed his builds...

but ELH is amazing i must say....

and @chefo.soriano

The tq numbers make the cars seem faster than they really are. Sure you have that tq but very briefly before it dies down to 220 ish or so by redline. HP is what will be key up top and unless the turbo is upgraded it won't be a whole lot unfortunately.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to finally install the Hotchkis fsb and kartboy endlinks from the msprank GB from quite some time ago...work work work and no chance to play and install til now lol...gotta love the stiff and firm ride...thats what she says:lol:

In with the new out with the old...here are some pics...

mmmpipes.jpg.64dcb075dea80fe29b7c1e0f3052b0fb.jpg

oemfsb.jpg.1f8d9f56f6ea00e06d47eab0733fd701.jpg

fsbendlinks2.jpg.065cb6bd1142bca85595de6bcdc54661.jpg

fsbendlinks1.jpg.c4f0b3b68aaf0a1a689fa5ceb316bed1.jpg

and @chefo.soriano