LegacyGT.com

Noob custom axle-back question

aac0036

I searched and confirmed that a muffler with an offset inlet and center outlet would be the best option, but would a center muffler inlet really be that much more difficult to mate up to a stock Y pipe? I was interested in giving Vibrant #1034's a chance since they have an oval cut tip already on, and spraying the mufflers with a high temp paint. The only thing is that these only come as center inlet mufflers at the back rather than offset.

http://i48.tinypic.com/jfkiuh.jpg

Will that work or should I just use the black vibrant mufflers since those have offset inlets? The thing is I'd have to then find a tip I like for those. I'm drawn to these in general because they're SS and are relatively inexpensive. I'm not looking for performance, so not going full CBE. Opinions? I've looked around and like the sound of these. Or should I just shop another brand?

Would it be tough to use a center inlet to attach a flange to the stock Y?

Thanks

I measured the muffler sizes and they fit, what I'm not sure about is if the center mounted inlet on the muffler will make for a tighter bend to mate it on the Y-pipe. After all the stock muffler is offset towards the Y-pipe.

Someone's gotta know what I mean.

Archived