LegacyGT.com

Does this kind of place exist?

JaredDC

Hi everyone, Is there any place that will rent tools and space for you to work on your own cars in Socal near SGV? I'm looking for a place like that to make working on my car easier. I sometimes need specialty tools or run into a problem which always makes the work longer than I expected. It would be even better if they have a lift and other equipment. Something like a self-serve garage or DIY garage. Any info would be very helpful.

So if you have any military friends call em and see if they will hook you up.

There were a couple civilian based shops in San Diego doing the same thing, but I can't find any evidence they still exist.

I'm in Tampa. There used to be a motorcycle shop in town that would let you sign a waiver & do whatever you wanted, run by a buddy of mine & his wife. Great idea, bad business model. They closed their doors a few years ago, because even as low as they priced merchandise, no one would show them the love to buy from them.

They didn't charge for tools or shop time. Maybe they should have, but they were about the rider, not the profits.

Tits mcgee

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I went to check out that "Your Dream Garage" yesterday to do my brakes. I tell you what, this place is legit. I rented a bay with a lift for an hour with no problems what so ever. This place has every tool you can imagine. From tire mounting machines to hand and air tools to high end scan tools... The place is clean, well lit and easy to get to. If you are in or around the Los Angeles area and need a place to work on your car, you cant beat this place... I told the guys there I would spread the word for them so here is a shameless plug on their behalf.. Check them out @ urdreamgarage.com

Archived