LegacyGT.com

Moisture in headlight

I washed my car yesterday and my headlight fogged up...popped open the hood to see the twist cover had come off!....so lastnight I left the over off so the sun can "dry" it out....this morning I come out to a nice shiny headlight...it rains of course and its fogged back up! How do I fix it correctly?

I washed my car yesterday and my headlight fogged up...popped open the hood to see the twist cover had come off!....so lastnight I left the over off so the sun can "dry" it out....this morning I come out to a nice shiny headlight...it rains of course and its fogged back up! How do I fix it correctly?

a little condensation is fine.. (if less than 50%)

I would continue to let it dry out, my bet is that there was still some condesation left inside of the headlight even when it was looking nice and clear, closing the twist cap then allowed for the condesation to be built up once again on the lens. This is not a huge deal, but if you really want to clear it up, pull out your turn signal bulb and highbeam bulb then let sit in the sun or use a blow dryer to help the water evaporate and then leave the bulbs out for the night to make sure any hidden condesation is gone.

If you really want to get crazy you can go to a hope depot and pick up some silica packs that absorb mosture and leave those right inside the bulb opening, but thats if everything else above doesn't work!

Hope you get that fixed I know how annoying it can be!

this used to drive me nuts..ever since i cleared my lights every now and then mine fog up a bit...but some sun and running at nite with the lights on always does the trick....if i didnt like the cleared look so good id buy new lights and leave them alone...take a look around once, youll notice alot of diff cars and trucks with foggy/ watery heads/tails and fogs...at least i brought my foggy/water mess on myself i guess..gl with your lights..ebay has replacements for around $280 i believe...

Archived