LegacyGT.com

Official Ruby Red Pearl Thread (2010)

Tide

Howdy... My wife and I just picked up our new 2011 2.5i Premium, AWP, CVT, on Thursday. I've been a Jeep owner for awhile, having two Grand Cherokees (both at the same time - I'm a sucker for punishment), and active over at JeepsUnlimited for years. We decided it was time for a sedan, and I wanted to get rid of one of the Grand Cherokees while it still had some value. So here I am.

I have to say, it's kind of unnerving looking under the hood on the Leggy and seeing stuff that I have no clue what it does. :lol: I'm looking forward to learning about it.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/598/img1573zv.jpg

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9337/img1576w.jpg

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see many Ruby reds around my area, yours looks good.

Clean ride Ralph. Welcome!

Thanks. So far we're happy with it.

Love the RRB.. I would have gotten that if my neighbor didn't already have one.

My wife actually fell in love with caramel bronze pearl. It looks a whole lot better in person than it does in photos (so does the ruby red), and I could have lived with it. The taupe interior killed the deal on that color. I prefer red cars anyway.

Where are all the Ruby Reds? Are they just rare or are no one posting them! Just picked one up today. I wasn't sure about the color... I am usually a soft color person such as black, silver, white etc... but I can't believe how nice this looks in person. Never see any new GT's around, never mind Ruby Red. I feel special, LOL:lol:http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/wrxwhit/20110926_2826.jpg

Where are all the Ruby Reds? Are they just rare or are no one posting them! Just picked one up today. I wasn't sure about the color... I am usually a soft color person such as black, silver, white etc... but I can't believe how nice this looks in person. Never see any new GT's around, never mind Ruby Red. I feel special, LOL:lol:http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/wrxwhit/20110926_2826.jpg

I realize its stock (or at least appears to be) but damn, that looks good. You have me really considering this color on an LGT instead of Pearl White. hmmmm.......

Brian

2007 Legacy 2.5GT spec.B, Stage 2, ID1000, DW300C, Cobb Uppipe & Catted Downpipe. Tuned by Graham

1998 Legacy 2.5GT Premium 5MT

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8

I bought a cheap set on Ebay. When they came in I pulled the car in the garage and opened the hood thinking the headlight bulbs would be right there. I was sadly mistaken. So I followed the manual and took the paneling off in the wheel well. I was barley able to get my hand in there but I managed to get the dust cover off and the bulb out. I did this before I found this forum so I really had no clue what I was doing. After about an hour of trying to figure it out, I gave up and tried to reinstall the original bulb but because the space was so small, I couldnt get it back together. I ended up bringing the car to the dealership and had them reinstall the original bulb.

When I was talking to one of the techs at the dealership, he told me you couldnt put HID's in the legacy because of projector? Im not really sure what he was talking about but I see now that it can be done sucessfully. I am going to reattempt the project with all the great information I recieved from this forum. I love the car so far but its amazing how hard it is to get to the headlights. It looks like removing the bumper is the best way.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, the WRX is currently being parted out. Had a 2.5 ej257 with 2.0 heads AKA/hybrid and blew three head gaskets in 1 year prob caused by two much compression and 25psi of boost. Car was a rocket ship with 400AWHP, but the best choice for this is to part unfortunately. Went with the LGT after this due to the size of the car. I have a 2.5yr old daughter and trying for more, so this was a perfect choice for me with extra room, features and after the stage 1 tune, alot of fun. Next is some swift springs to tighten it up. Can't wait!!!

I'm wondering if I accidentally didn't hit submit earlier...brought home my first Legacy last Thursday. 2009 Legacy 3.0R Limited in Ruby Red Pearl. Had it shipped from North Carolina, COMPLETELY worth it. This makes the 5th Subaru for our household over the years, and I kept my 2010 Impreza Premium hatch (charcoal gray metallic with black interior). Will post pics very soon.

• 3 weeks later...