LegacyGT.com

Suspension Q's

Fabius

Just wondering Ill probably get flamed for this cause i didnt do my search. But do the 2.5i legacys have the same suspension as the GT's? I was just wondering, if i was to buy suspension parts say for a GT wagon would it work on my i wangon?

The other question is how low can i go before i have my wheels scrapping the fenders? Im planning on running 17's but the width of the tire puzzels me how wide can i go before i have to role the fenders??

any recomandations?

Just wondering Ill probably get flamed for this cause i didnt do my search. But do the 2.5i legacys have the same suspension as the GT's? I was just wondering, if i was to buy suspension parts say for a GT wagon would it work on my i wangon?

The other question is how low can i go before i have my wheels scrapping the fenders? Im planning on running 17's but the width of the tire puzzels me how wide can i go before i have to role the fenders??

any recomandations?

You can get coilovers, sway bars, endlinks, etc. from a GT wagon and it would work for your I wagon.

You can go as low as you want provided your shocks and springs are soo stiff that the wheel wont come up into the fender.. if you want to be super stiff, you can have solid bars instead of shocks and just drop the car down to the ground if you like. Your cat and undertray will scrape long before you start to have fender rubbing issues if you have the stiffest shocks.. so your real question that you should be asking yourself "how stiff do I want to run" then you will know how low you can ride.

Keefe

Keefe

You can get coilovers, sway bars, endlinks, etc. from a GT wagon and it would work for your I wagon.

You can go as low as you want provided your shocks and springs are soo stiff that the wheel wont come up into the fender.. if you want to be super stiff, you can have solid bars instead of shocks and just drop the car down to the ground if you like. Your cat and undertray will scrape long before you start to have fender rubbing issues if you have the stiffest shocks.. so your real question that you should be asking yourself "how stiff do I want to run" then you will know how low you can ride.

Keefe

:lol:

really... well I read a few post on NAisoc or whatever that wrx froum is called and there was a huge debate about wagon in general when the car is loaded the suspension would dib and the rear wheels would rub againts the fenders. Im not looking to go really really low or really stiff cause Toronto streets are pretty f'n horrible!

I just wanted to know what suspension shocks and springs would be a good drop somewhat stiffer then stock ride.

I've been in Toronto, they are not rough at all compared of what I dealt with, and I have driven my WRX in Toronto last year as well. Yes, Ive been all over the place.

If you want to spend the money for Zeals, you can run pretty low, especially if you use the 10/8 spring set up.. that will definitely ride low if you really want to (say 3" drop if you really want to go THAT LOW). Gotta love coilovers.

Keefe

Keefe

I've been in Toronto, they are not rough at all compared of what I dealt with, and I have driven my WRX in Toronto last year as well. Yes, Ive been all over the place.

If you want to spend the money for Zeals, you can run pretty low, especially if you use the 10/8 spring set up.. that will definitely ride low if you really want to (say 3" drop if you really want to go THAT LOW). Gotta love coilovers.

Keefe

Yeah well money is some what of an issues so im looking for shock and springs no coilovers, I was thinking Tein S or H springs and Kyb AGX's would that be a nice setup? im only looking to go 1.5" low(at the most) not 3"

Archived