LegacyGT.com

2011 Legacy Limited Advice

Krusty783

Wet-behind the ears new member here. I've wanted a Legacy for awhile and now I have a chance to buy a new one. I'm looking for some advice. I test drove a 2.5i limited last weekend, and I liked it, but I'd like a 3.6 :icon_bigg

I'm looking for some feedback and advice from anyone that has a 2010/11 legacy; I drive 40 miles each way to work, so I'd like some insight about the actual mileage of each before I pull the trigger. (I plan on keeping this car for 5-8 yrs, & putting about about 20k miles/yr on it) I'm driving an older Integra right now, which gets about 28 mpg (hwy) when the A/C's not running and ~24 mpg with AC. :rolleyes:

Also, are what are some of the easier mods for the 3.6? Any chips, or other things that can help with mileage or improve hp without a large mpg reduction?

Had a 10 3.6R for less than a year. Best i got was 26mpg hwy drivin 80mph for 600mi. Around city was 22-23mpg.

Why did you get rid of it so quickly?

----

Also, I see that the media hub option is not available with the LTDs, is that because it's std equipment? [Would like to control my iphone w/ steering wheel controls].

----

Also, I see that the media hub option is not available with the LTDs, is that because it's std equipment? [Would like to control my iphone w/ steering wheel controls].

didnt want to but needed a cheap monthly and a gas saver cuz havin baby #2 :)

Unsure bout media hub. I had a premium with everuthing but nav and mh.

----

I have the media hub on my 3.6R Ltd.

I have a very short commute so I don't even look at MPG's when I buy cars. It's all about the fun factor.

At the moment, there are no well known/ reality proven HP mods for the 3.6R. I emailed COBB if they have any intention to make an A/P, but nothing on the horizon.

Get the 3.6R if you aren't really overly concerned about MPG's, but due to your commute the 2.5i is the better bet.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Go with 3.6R, you will enjoy it more than the 2.5i.

More power, you won't be disappointed when you are going vertical....

But then again, if you are very concerned about the MPG, the 2.5i CVT is a good option.

My 2.5i CVT has been good to me on MPG.

ive gotten 30 MPG cruising, ( cruise control on 60-65, no ac, windows up) and on a 25ish mile commute one way. its not powerful and its not underpowered, like wolf said the CVT gets the most out of the engine. but there is a way to get the est 31MPG.

• 1 month later...
Problem solved:

I'm picking up a graphite grey 3.6 limited tonight after work!! This will be the 5th car I've owned, but the first new car I've ever bought myself.

Congrats! At least the 3.6R runs on regular. You'll have more fun with the extra power. Just be sure to turn off the MPG calculator :)

Congrats! At least the 3.6R runs on regular. You'll have more fun with the extra power. Just be sure to turn off the MPG calculator :)

Definitely didn't want to pay for premium gas. I didn't understand why all the car rags say you should buy a gt even though it takes premium and is the most expensive model.

The car is really great; rides awesome and the interior is very nice, I'd say its a little nicer than halfway between my wife's altima and my father-in-laws infinity. I've read people hatin' on the woodgrain accents, but that's one of the reasons I went with the limited trim.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306934316.826437.thumb.jpg.14cfb1cad4bd45f90953cc918694c623.jpg

Definitely didn't want to pay for premium gas. I didn't understand why all the car rags say you should buy a gt even though it takes premium and is the most expensive model.

The car is really great; rides awesome and the interior is very nice, I'd say its a little nicer than halfway between my wife's altima and my father-in-laws infinity. I've read people hatin' on the woodgrain accents, but that's one of the reasons I went with the limited trim.

Ditto....I actually like how the "wood" accents break up the darker interior.

Ditto....I actually like how the "wood" accents break up the darker interior.

Yep, but I've discovered one problem with the accents: If you're driving away from the sun @ an oblique angle (sun @ like your 5 o'clock) the woodgrain above the glovebox is very efficient at reflecting the sunlight right in your eyes :icon_neut

----

The car had 21 miles when I picked it up and the avg mpg was 10.4 mpg:confused: Now it has like 160 miles or so and avg mpg is up to 19.4 :) The range estimate hasn't moved either. In fact it went up from 250 to 280 then back down to 260.

Yep, but I've discovered one problem with the accents: If you're driving away from the sun @ an oblique angle (sun @ like your 5 o'clock) the woodgrain above the glovebox is very efficient at reflecting the sunlight right in your eyes :icon_neut

----

The car had 21 miles when I picked it up and the avg mpg was 10.4 mpg:confused: Now it has like 160 miles or so and avg mpg is up to 19.4 :) The range estimate hasn't moved either. In fact it went up from 250 to 280 then back down to 260.

Don't rely on the MPG calculator. If you really want to calculate MPG's, do it manually.

I've read people hatin' on the woodgrain accents, but that's one of the reasons I went with the limited trim.

I love them on my white interior but I wish it was, you know, actual wood trim. Can't complain too much since you rarely see that on this side of $50k.

Don't rely on the MPG calculator. If you really want to calculate MPG's, do it manually.

I had to rely on the MPG calculator because it was the only data I had to go on. I had less than 3/4 of a tank so I got gas after work today: 305.9m on the trip odometer and the pump clicked off at 14.27gal. Which means I got 21.4 mpg on my first tank :). The car had 21 miles on it when I picked it up from the dealer.

I love them on my white interior but I wish it was, you know, actual wood trim. Can't complain too much since you rarely see that on this side of $50k.

We have faux wood on the center console bin of our 09 altima but it doesn't look as good as this.

Archived