LegacyGT.com

Will I be happy with H-techs

BigJack

I was thinking about ordering them in the next few weeks. Im not looking to go super low but it seems alot of people complain about s techs. I tried to do a search but i get a million results. Anyone have befor and after pics.

Thanks

Get better struts as well.

Springs on stockers are waste of time, well maye JDM OEM springs but that's a mild upgrade and only slight drop in front, probably not what you're looking for.

It seems that by the time you buy springs and struts it might be easier just to go with coilovers.

There are pros and cons to coilovers, even price being equal (which it isn't if you consider quality coilovers).

When you say you're not thrilled with the ride.....is it due to overwhelmed stock struts and you bounce or are they too harsh?

Not alot of bounce. Initial impact on bumps is harsh but spring rate from there is ok. It seems that there is just not enough travel now in the strut or someting. On the other hand, I have never felt so connected to a car when carving turns. There is zero body roll (edit: I also have Cusco sways). At high speed (100 plus), the car feels glued to the road. It's kind of a love, hate thing and so far the love outweighs the hate.:icon_bigg

I have the H-techs on stock struts. I bought the car like this although I didn't want it that way.

The stock struts are beginning to show signs of possible blowing. The H-techs are more geared towards comfort while giving the dropped look. I think the car could definitely handle better with stiffer springs and still be comfortable (though you shouldn't be on stock USDM struts with those either). There is still body roll even with my Progress sway bars which are both 22mm thick. My sway bars did a GREAT job of leveling out the car on turns and right now I feel they might be doing more of the work than the springs are.

If I were to rate these on a scale of 1-10 they'd get a 6 from me. I actually have new suspension and will get rid of my h-techs for cheap in the spring.

They do provide a more sporty feel but I guess it's compared to what you're used to. When I let my friend drive my car he was like "Hey this handles really well!" and I just looked at him and said "It's better than stock but nothing to scream about at all."

Archived