LegacyGT.com

Any LWFW with any clutch?

purple_duckk

So in addition to popping my master AND slave cyl for my clutch, I apparently screwed up my pressure plateand should be replacing my clutch. I already have an aftermarket clutch with LWFW in place, but since I bought the car with it already in it I'm not 100% sure what make it is.

My question is this: will any aftermarket clutch that uses a single mass LWFW work with any single mass LWFW or do they match up somehow so that only an ACT will work with an ACT flywheel or only Exedy with Excedy etc? If I have to buy a new LWFW I will and if thats the right thing to do I will, but at the same time shaving $ off this already expensive month would be nice if I didn't have to add a new LWFW to the list of parts.

Contact m sprank at http://www.infamousperformance.net west coast

or

Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com east coast

Either of them can sell you what you need, get to them and get the right part the first time.

Oh "underdog" is someone you may want to PM too. He's in Mass.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Only way I know how to explain it would be exedy and ACT are like LW oem replacment for the single mass. So those fly wheels can be used with any clutch made for car with the single mass flywheel for example the 06-07 wrx and the later 4th gen lgts

Spec fly wheels are LW duel mass replacment and can be used with the spec clutches and oem lgts with the duel mass.

I hope that makes sense to someone. Please correct me if I am wrong

Edit: I now see you have a spec b 6speed which might make things a lot easier. I would guess just get any clutch that fits the 6speed because I don't think Subaru messed around with different flywheels with those. Obviously consult a professional before you buy anything.

Archived